Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Default Mower won't shut off

You might contact Toro it is a saftey issue and might get you a free fix
even if out of warranty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Maybe it will help if I refer to the drawing,
https://lookup2.toro.com/Ill/1x/375/375100.gif. Part No. 923 has two
ears, one attached to the brake handle cable the other is spring
tensioned. When I release the brake handle the cable definitely
slackens and releases it's ear sufficiently, but I have to reach down
and manually squeeze these two ears together to kill the engine. Must
be something obstructing the opposite side of the ear inside the engine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks everyone, cleaning the linkage and bending the armature a little
bit restored the contact so that now it kills the engine.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks everyone, cleaning the linkage and bending the armature a little
bit restored the contact so that now it kills the engine.

And if that don't work, just reach down and pull the spark plug wire off the
end of the plug. That works every time.

Steve g

Posted to alt.home.repair
~^Johnny^~

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:49:05 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Thanks everyone, cleaning the linkage and bending the armature a little
bit restored the contact so that now it kills the engine.

And if that don't work, just reach down and pull the spark plug wire off the
end of the plug. That works every time.

Steve g

Your sarcasm has me shocked.

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

Mower won't shut off [email protected] Home Repair 3 March 27th 06 01:13 PM
Craftsman Lawn Mower Problems dejablues Home Repair 1 July 8th 05 01:56 AM
Lawmower fire m Ransley Home Repair 4 April 27th 05 04:09 AM
Building a remote control mower Nick Huckaby Metalworking 9 March 6th 05 02:38 PM
Heat wont shut off ? sodbrother Home Repair 0 January 10th 05 08:44 PM