Posted to alt.home.repair
DejaUser

Default Controlling two fans from a single remote/wall-switch

We have two fan brackets in one of the rooms, both share the same wire.
So, if I put a simple wall switch to control the light/fan speed, it
will control both fans/lights.

I am looking for a remote or wall switch that will allow me to control
them individually. (i.e. I would like to be able to turn on only one
fan/light, etc.). I guess I can buy two fan receiver/remotes and put
them on different channels, but then I'd have to mess with two seperate
remotes.

1. Is there a remote that will control two fans?
2. Is there a single wall-switch that can control two fans/lights?

I checked Home Depot and Lowes but no luck.