Posted to alt.home.repair
a12vman

Default 2" Sanitary Tee vs. Wye

I added a Utility Tub to my laundry room. I tied the into a 2" Horizontal
PVC Drain using a 2" Sanitary Tee (instead of a Wye). I just realized that
this may not be code since Tee's are mainly for Vertical drains. Is this
going to cause problems for me?

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"a12vman" wrote in message
. ..
I added a Utility Tub to my laundry room. I tied the into a 2" Horizontal
PVC Drain using a 2" Sanitary Tee (instead of a Wye). I just realized that
this may not be code since Tee's are mainly for Vertical drains. Is this
going to cause problems for me?

Did you pull a permit? Does it work? If no and yes, then no.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

You can usually use either as long as the flow is the right way. Often the
choice is based on the space you have to work in. A Wye poses less of a
restriction to larger solid waste. For a Tub, I think it is OK.

I pulled a permit and was a little disappointed when the inspector only
listened to me describe the work while he stood in the middle of the room
and pronounced "sounds great to me" When I asked if he even wanted to turn
on a faucet, he said "I would if you were a contractor but homeowners who
dare to do this work usually do it above code" I was thinking "whatever"

"a12vman" wrote in message
. ..
I added a Utility Tub to my laundry room. I tied the into a 2" Horizontal
PVC Drain using a 2" Sanitary Tee (instead of a Wye). I just realized that
this may not be code since Tee's are mainly for Vertical drains. Is this
going to cause problems for me?

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

Posted to alt.home.repair
bill allemann

the main problem is that you may not be able to get a cable to go thru the
fitting.
if the horizontal run already has a cleanout, it's not a big deal.

"a12vman" wrote in message
. ..
I added a Utility Tub to my laundry room. I tied the into a 2" Horizontal
PVC Drain using a 2" Sanitary Tee (instead of a Wye). I just realized that
this may not be code since Tee's are mainly for Vertical drains. Is this
going to cause problems for me?

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

a12vman wrote:
I added a Utility Tub to my laundry room. I tied the into a 2" Horizontal
PVC Drain using a 2" Sanitary Tee (instead of a Wye). I just realized that
this may not be code since Tee's are mainly for Vertical drains. Is this
going to cause problems for me?

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

only if you have to snake it.

--
Thank you,

Too much choice - sanitary silicone Mac UK diy 4 March 1st 06 06:02 PM
2 1/2" to 2" adapter for DC W Canaday Woodworking 12 November 26th 05 05:39 AM
2" Furnace FIlter [email protected] Home Repair 2 November 15th 05 05:03 PM
2" Copper Pipe Steve UK diy 7 October 20th 05 06:01 PM
Black sanitary silicone sealant? Mathew J. Newton UK diy 13 February 19th 04 07:20 PM