Posted to alt.home.repair
TammyS

Default URGENT HELP: Location of flame Sensor...to clean it

I have a high efficiency YORK FURNACE.
MODEL # P2UUDD12N09501C
SERIAL # EBAM075648

I know what the problem is with my furnace. The flame sensor needs to
be cleaned. I have no idea where it is located. My ex moved out
almost a year now and he is the one who cleaned it before. Can you
please send me detailed instructions on where it is located? Right
now we are heated our enclosed family room with a space heater and
the rest of the house is 50 Degrees and lowering. I have 4 children
and 3 pets to keep warm and Michigan weather today is supposed to be
at their lowest degrees for this winter season. PLEASE HELP?

THANK YOU...
Sincerely Tammy

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"TammyS" wrote in message
. ..
I have a high efficiency YORK FURNACE.
MODEL # P2UUDD12N09501C
SERIAL # EBAM075648

I know what the problem is with my furnace. The flame sensor needs to
be cleaned. I have no idea where it is located. My ex moved out
almost a year now and he is the one who cleaned it before. Can you
please send me detailed instructions on where it is located? Right
now we are heated our enclosed family room with a space heater and
the rest of the house is 50 Degrees and lowering. I have 4 children
and 3 pets to keep warm and Michigan weather today is supposed to be
at their lowest degrees for this winter season. PLEASE HELP?

No offence, honey, but we can't see it from here. And how do YOU know it's
the flame sensor??!!

Pick up the phone and call a contractor or someone else will pick up the
phone and call the authorities and report you for endangerment of your
children...

Posted to alt.home.repair
All Thumbs

TammyS wrote:
I have a high efficiency YORK FURNACE.
MODEL # P2UUDD12N09501C
SERIAL # EBAM075648

I know what the problem is with my furnace. The flame sensor needs to
be cleaned. I have no idea where it is located. My ex moved out
almost a year now and he is the one who cleaned it before. Can you
please send me detailed instructions on where it is located? Right
now we are heated our enclosed family room with a space heater and
the rest of the house is 50 Degrees and lowering. I have 4 children
and 3 pets to keep warm and Michigan weather today is supposed to be
at their lowest degrees for this winter season. PLEASE HELP?

Tammy, sorry to hear about your problem.

If you want to know more about your furnace, technical guides and user
manuals of York furnace products are available from their website at:

http://www.yorkupg.com/NewCatalog.asp?t=r&id=5

To find the right documentation, you may need to decode your model
number. Sorry, I don't know how to do that. You may be able to find some
help from these places:

http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings...ler_app7_2.pdf

http://www.arnoldservice.com/york_parts.htm

*CAVEAT*: Before you attempt to service any parts of your gas furnace,
make sure that the part is indeed user-serviceable, and that you fully
understand the procedures involved and the precautions that need to be
taken. When in doubt, call a contractor and leave the job to them. A
broken furnace on a cold winter day is bad, but a fire or explosion is
much worse...

Since most of your house is now unheated, frozen pipes are a real
possibility. Watch out for that.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"All Thumbs" wrote in message
TammyS wrote:
[...]

Hopefully she has some kind of back-up heat. I know they always say you
shouldn't use your oven to heat the house, but at least it would keep the
pipes from freezing until she gets a repair out to fix the furnace...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

TammyS wrote:
I have a high efficiency YORK FURNACE.
MODEL # P2UUDD12N09501C
SERIAL # EBAM075648

I know what the problem is with my furnace. The flame sensor needs to
be cleaned. I have no idea where it is located. My ex moved out
almost a year now and he is the one who cleaned it before. Can you
please send me detailed instructions on where it is located? Right
now we are heated our enclosed family room with a space heater and
the rest of the house is 50 Degrees and lowering. I have 4 children
and 3 pets to keep warm and Michigan weather today is supposed to be
at their lowest degrees for this winter season. PLEASE HELP?

THANK YOU...
Sincerely Tammy

Hi,
No manual? Look at the other side of ignitor.
It's like amatch stick sticking out with a wire hanging on it.
Remove it, gently rub with ememry cloth to rid of dirt/rust and
reinstall. Common problem but couldbe something else.
Good luck,
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair

go here...

http://www.arnoldservice.com/furnace_flame_sensors.htm

look at the flame sensors...then shut off power to your furnace....take
all the doors of..this should kill power but it would be best to shut
the circuit breaker off.......

find what looks like the flame sensor by comparing to the pictures at
the above website I and another user posted.

clean with steel wool or sand paper.....

really should get a professional out there to look at that.

also...and no offense to you Tammy....but I just wonder if Tammy isnt a
man using a womans name to get sympathy and more answers.....

~: