Insinkerator Hot Water Dispenser problems

Old February 14th 06, 11:28 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Insinkerator Hot Water Dispenser problems

I'm on my 5th Insinkerator! The first one lasted a long time (about 8 years)
but the last 3 only lasted about 1 to 2 years. Always a leaking tank and
just out of warranty. This will be my last Insinkerator as its too expensive
to replace every one or two years.

Are there any reliable hot water dispensers that well last more than a
couple of years out there?

Old February 15th 06, 02:23 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Jack" n wrote in message ...
I'm on my 5th Insinkerator! The first one lasted a long time (about 8
years) but the last 3 only lasted about 1 to 2 years. Always a leaking
tank and just out of warranty. This will be my last Insinkerator as its
too expensive to replace every one or two years.

Are there any reliable hot water dispensers that well last more than a
couple of years out there?

I'm curious as tot he reason. Anything different wit your water? Is the pH
near neutral?

Anyone can have one go bad, but three is a bit much. Seems to me, if
everyone being made leaked after a year or so there would be a major outcry
from the dealers. I just have to wonder is something changed in your water
or system to invite corrosion for some reason. Could it be acting like the
anode in the water heater?

Old February 15th 06, 04:34 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Jack" n wrote in message ...

I'm on my 5th Insinkerator! The first one lasted a long time (about 8
years) but the last 3 only lasted about 1 to 2 years. Always a leaking
tank and just out of warranty. This will be my last Insinkerator as its
too expensive to replace every one or two years.

Are there any reliable hot water dispensers that well last more than a
couple of years out there?

I'm curious as tot he reason. Anything different wit your water? Is the pH
near neutral?

Anyone can have one go bad, but three is a bit much. Seems to me, if
everyone being made leaked after a year or so there would be a major outcry
from the dealers. I just have to wonder is something changed in your water
or system to invite corrosion for some reason. Could it be acting like the
anode in the water heater?

Perhaps local water hammer? I peersonally use a Black and Decker coffee
maker with a carafe. it keeps the water warm for about 6-8 hours. But
since its the same principle im sure, I have been thinking about hot
water dispensers.

--
Thank you,

Old October 31st 15, 04:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Edwin Pawlowski, Jealib wrote:
esp wrote:

"Jack" n wrote in message ...
I'm curious as tot he reason. Anything different wit your water? Is the

pH
near neutral?
Anyone can have one go bad, but three is a bit much. Seems to me, if
everyone being made leaked after a year or so there would be a major

outcry
from the dealers. I just have to wonder is something changed in your

water
or system to invite corrosion for some reason. Could it be acting like

the
anode in the water heater?

I am having the same problem. I'm fed up!

Old October 31st 15, 04:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair

esp wrote:

"Jack" n wrote in message ...
I'm curious as tot he reason. Anything different wit your water? Is the

pH
near neutral?
Anyone can have one go bad, but three is a bit much. Seems to me, if
everyone being made leaked after a year or so there would be a major

outcry
from the dealers. I just have to wonder is something changed in your

water
or system to invite corrosion for some reason. Could it be acting like

the
anode in the water heater?

I am having the same problem. I'm fed up!

After owning several Insinkerators with short life times, I bought a
Kitchenaid for twice the price. I installed it many years ago and it has
been 100% reliable since day one. It is made way sturdier and more durable
than the Insinkerator IMHO.

Old November 2nd 15, 12:18 PM posted to alt.home.repair

esp wrote:

"Jack" n wrote in message ...
I'm curious as tot he reason. Anything different wit your water? Is the

pH
near neutral?
Anyone can have one go bad, but three is a bit much. Seems to me, if
everyone being made leaked after a year or so there would be a major

outcry
from the dealers. I just have to wonder is something changed in your

water
or system to invite corrosion for some reason. Could it be acting like

the
anode in the water heater?

I am having the same problem. I'm fed up!

After owning several Insinkerators with short life times, I bought a
Kitchenaid for twice the price. I installed it many years ago and it has
been 100% reliable since day one. It is made way sturdier and more durable
than the Insinkerator IMHO.

IDK about the KA ones, but I went through a couple of the Insinkerators.
They lasted maybe 5 years. One the thermal fuse went out for no reason.
Replacement one was totally different design, which means they likely
figured out it was a bad design. But the final early failure on both
of them was they started leaking. I opted for an electric kettle.