Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to remove odor from trunk of car

one reply was "first remove dead body"
i replied, that, that, was so f'n funny.

i know you're not the firs person to think that...
maybe the first one to write it out loud though!
lol

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

My wound care nurse told me that vinegar will mitigate many odors. Try some in a spray bottle. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Stinky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 03:44:01 +0000, lovlyinsd
wrote:

one reply was "first remove dead body"
i replied, that, that, was so f'n funny.

i know you're not the firs person to think that...
maybe the first one to write it out loud though!
lol

Yeah a friend will help you move but a real friend will help you move
a body.

Afterwards getting the smell out of the trunk depends on understanding
where the smell is coming from. You have to remove the material that
is holding the smelly stuff. Smells are caused by the release of small
particles from a surface. I would remove mats and fiber board
materials and then spray down the metal parts with citrus soap, scrub
with a brush and rise well. Pull the rubber plugs under the spare tire
well or whatever is in the bottom so it drains and put a fan in there
to speed up the drying process. Re lubricate all of the stuff that
moves (hinges locks etc)
On the permeable stuff, just letting it air out in the sun might get
rid of most of the smell. Turn it over etc. If it is carpet, you can
shampoo it but most of the stuff in a trunk is basically cardboard and
water is not your friend.

If this is too much work. try baking soda. Get a big bag for about $8
from the price club and sprinkle it liberally around the trunk. After
a week or two, vacuum it up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:44:01 -0500, lovlyinsd
wrote:

one reply was "first remove dead body"
i replied, that, that, was so f'n funny.

i know you're not the firs person to think that...
maybe the first one to write it out loud though! lol

Someone told me wadded up newspapers will do the trick
to get rid of odors.
Supposedly the newspaper trick works for fridges and freezers
that have lost power for too long.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

one reply was "first remove dead body"
i replied, that, that, was so f'n funny.

i know you're not the firs person to think that...
maybe the first one to write it out loud though! lol

Someone told me wadded up newspapers will do the trick
to get rid of odors.
Supposedly the newspaper trick works for fridges and freezers
that have lost power for too long.

Charcoal works better. Activated charcoal is more effective.
Baking soda also helps, but Ozone may be your best alternative.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

one reply was "first remove dead body"
i replied, that, that, was so f'n funny.

i know you're not the firs person to think that...
maybe the first one to write it out loud though! lol

Someone told me wadded up newspapers will do the trick
to get rid of odors.
Supposedly the newspaper trick works for fridges and freezers
that have lost power for too long.

Charcoal works better. Activated charcoal is more effective.
Baking soda also helps, but Ozone may be your best alternative.

Have you ever heard of zeolite? It's used in a lot of cleaning and odor control products. I know that carpet cleaning and odor control carpet powders contain it. ^_^

http://cleanwiki.com/general-posts/z...-odor-control/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeolite

[8~{} Uncle Stinky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

one reply was "first remove dead body"
i replied, that, that, was so f'n funny.

i know you're not the firs person to think that...
maybe the first one to write it out loud though! lol

Someone told me wadded up newspapers will do the trick
to get rid of odors.
Supposedly the newspaper trick works for fridges and freezers
that have lost power for too long.

Charcoal works better. Activated charcoal is more effective.
Baking soda also helps, but Ozone may be your best alternative.

Have you ever heard of zeolite? It's used in a lot of cleaning and odor control products. I know that carpet cleaning and odor control carpet powders contain it. ^_^

http://cleanwiki.com/general-posts/z...-odor-control/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeolite

[8~{} Uncle Stinky Monster

Yes, I've used zeolite as well. Advantage is you can set it out in
the sun to "recharge".

My brother bought a car that had been full of garbage to go to the
dump when the owner died - about 6 months earlier. The car only had a
few thousand miles on it and he got it cheap - but it REAKED

The ozone is what finally made it liveable because it killed the smell
at the source. Charcoal, soda, and zeolite only absorb the smell out
of the air.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

[...]

first try a heavy dose of fabreze, it works miracles

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Seinfeld episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEhqiCD27E
Posted to alt.home.repair

Last owner of my vehicle was a smoker. Still
not totally rid of the odor. Yikk.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You beat me to it. Most every life situation has been covered by Seined.

How to remove smoke odor from house Tony Home Ownership 7 December 26th 08 03:06 AM
How to remove odor from car trunk LurfysMa Home Repair 12 February 6th 07 12:24 AM
Water with NO odor has an odor AFTER osmosis filtering... [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 19th 06 01:19 AM
remove washer odor motsbc Home Repair 10 September 19th 06 02:23 AM
How to remove paint odor? Alpha Two Home Repair 2 April 21st 04 01:29 PM