Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Still have black crystals floating around in toilet

I took the advice of someone on this forum and unscrewed the line at
the bottom of the toilet and flushed out the line into a bucket. I
probably flushed out about 20 gallons of water. With each fill of the
bucket there were black rocks{iron sulfide?} although less as i flushed
out more water.My original problem was the toilet wouldn't stop. I
discovered these rocks were under the rubber seal in the
Fluidmaster,preventing the toiulet from stopping.I have copper lines so
i don't think it could be a corrosion problem. Could these rocks be
coming through the city pipes? If so, how would they be able to keep it
from coming through my lines?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank K.

Take a sample to the city water dept. or call them to come
to your house to analyze the water.

Frank

wrote in message
oups.com...
I took the advice of someone on this forum and unscrewed
the line at
the bottom of the toilet and flushed out the line into a
bucket. I
probably flushed out about 20 gallons of water. With each
fill of the
bucket there were black rocks{iron sulfide?} although less
as i flushed
out more water.My original problem was the toilet wouldn't
stop. I
discovered these rocks were under the rubber seal in the
Fluidmaster,preventing the toiulet from stopping.I have
copper lines so
i don't think it could be a corrosion problem. Could these
rocks be
coming through the city pipes? If so, how would they be
able to keep it
from coming through my lines?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
Could these rocks be
coming through the city pipes? If so, how would they be able to keep it
from coming through my lines?

Perhaps you did not seem my original post on this.

Yes, it can be from the city water.
Yes, they are easily stopped with a filter in the line.