Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.environment.waste,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Installed a dual flush toilet cistern outlet valve to save water

After much head scratching I managed to retrofit a new dual flush
outlet valve in an old cistern. This saves about 9 litres of water for
each half flush. Photos and some details at
http://www.tomw.net.au/2001/sa/savewater.shtml.

Suggestions and corrections welcome. I usually fix computer systems,
not toilets. ;-)

Tom Worthington
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617 http://www.tomw.net.au/