Posted to alt.home.repair
bdeditch

Default How would I prep Garage Cement floor to paint

I would like to paint our 2 car garage floor and need to know what to
use to prep it. We have 2 dogs and keep them in there on some days with
the rain and cold weather. Of course they make a mess at times. Just
wondering how this would effect the floor for painting and what should
I use to clean it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel

Prep is the most important step. Etch the floor with Muratic acid prior to
painting.

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to paint our 2 car garage floor and need to know what to
use to prep it. We have 2 dogs and keep them in there on some days with
the rain and cold weather. Of course they make a mess at times. Just
wondering how this would effect the floor for painting and what should
I use to clean it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

bdeditch wrote:
I would like to paint our 2 car garage floor and need to know what to
use to prep it. We have 2 dogs and keep them in there on some days
with the rain and cold weather. Of course they make a mess at times.
Just wondering how this would effect the floor for painting and what
should I use to clean it?

Follow the instructions on the produce you are using. It usually
involves a general cleaning followed by an acid etching.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

maybe moisture from the earth below will screw this up if your slab is
not insulated. pressure washing will drive moisture into the slab but
how else can you clean it. so allow plenty of drying out time in warm
weather.
for now bleach and hose the floor and use this organic neutralizer we
like their cherry almond stuff from grainger:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...7090&cc item=

RAMSEY
# KIL-ODER CHERRY/ALMOND

Posted to alt.home.repair
bdeditch

Now what about filling holes and cracks? Therer used to be a wall in
the garage that they used concerte nails to fasten it. Of course when
it came out it left a good size hole where each one was.