Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Homemade wood preservative

Hello,

Does anyone know a recipe for a wood preserative other then boiled
linseed oil and mineral spirits?

Thanks in advance

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Miller

In the lazaret of wooden fishing boats we used Creosote, pine tar, and
Linseed oil, mix it altogether. Then we heated it up and painted it on.
When heating you have to be very careful because it ignites easily. It
wouldn't be good for a deck, but on the ground it would work alright.

Does anyone know a recipe for a wood preserative other then boiled

linseed oil and mineral spirits?

Posted to alt.home.repair
blank@blank.___

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 06:23:24 -0500, "Bob" wrote:

Where do you buy the Creosote? I thought it was outlawed.

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant !!!