Posted to alt.home.repair
Marc_G

Default Sump pump float switch: separate from pump?

Hi folks-

I've posted a few times recently regarding the sump pump situation in my
house. Got a few helpful answers to some issues, but now that I've
educated myself it boils down to this:

My sump pump (Hydromatic WA1 I think) has a water depth sensor on a
metal tab attached to the pump. You can bend this tab a bit to "fine
tune" the level at which the sensor turns on the pump. But, even at it's
highest, it's still way lower than I would like the water level to be to
trigger the pump. And, the pump turns off before the level is as low as
I'd like it to be. So, I'm getting frequent, short pumping cycles.

I'd like to bypass the built in water sensor and hook up an independent
sensor that I can set to on and off levels of my own choosing. Does such
a beast exist?

Electrically this would be easy to implement; I would just unplug the
pump from the current sensor-controlled receptacle, and plug it into the
new one.

First I have to find the right product though. Any help would be
appreciated.

Marc
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Sure, it's a pump float switch. You can get ones that use a piggy back plug.
You install the float, plug it in and plug your pump into the piggy back. I
believe you can get one from www.grainger.com

"Marc_G" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Try this:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...0157&cc item=
"Marc_G" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Marc_G

In article , "RBM" rbm2(remove this)
@optonline.net says...
Try this:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...0157&cc item=

Excellent! Thanks.

Anybody ever used one of these?

Marc
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

We use them all the time on effluent pumps, and residential sewage pumps.
The work well and are easy to replace if one goes bad

"Marc_G" wrote in message
k.net...
In article , "RBM" rbm2(remove this)
@optonline.net says...
Try this:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...0157&cc item=

Excellent! Thanks.

Anybody ever used one of these?

Marc

Sump Pump question Mike Shapp Home Repair 6 May 2nd 05 02:53 AM
Sump pump wire/plug trips circuit breaker Senin Home Repair 1 April 28th 05 03:36 AM
Sump pump drain overflowing Chris Home Ownership 1 April 7th 05 10:07 PM
Broken Sump Pump? toller Home Repair 12 April 4th 05 04:04 PM
Water Pump / Pressure Tank Problem !!!!!! James Nipper Home Repair 9 June 28th 04 03:13 AM