Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Charles Schultz Philosophy

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:55:03 +0000 (UTC), Chicago Paddling-Fishing
wrote:

In chi.general mrtravel wrote:
: Keith wrote:

: On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:42:43 -0800, Gregory Morrow wrote:
:
:
:Keith wrote:
:
:
:On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 01:01:16 -0500, lurker wrote:
:
:
:"J-Man" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
:
wrote in message
ooglegroups.com...
:
:Obviously not legit...
:The name "Schultz" is not the Peanuts' creator's last name.
:But it is the name of the guard from Hogan's Heros.
:
:Since we're correcting misspellings, that would be Hogan's HEROES.
:
:LOL, Got him there!
:
:...and Hogan's Heroes got the plot (more or less and Sgt. Schul(t)z
:from "Stalag 17".
:
:
:A "heroe" ain't nothin' but a sandwich...!!!
:
:
: Is your last name "Quayle", by chance?
:

: Mr. "Potatoe" Head?

I always thought that whole "potatoe" thing was a media scam... and one of
the worst teaching ideas of the late 80's.

At the time, I went into a local (Texas) K-Mart store. They had a sale
on a large stack of cans. The cans were OK, but the sale sign called
the stuff "tomatoe soup".

"Writing to read" they called it... drove me nuts when they had homework where
all the words looked mispelled... luckily the concept didn't last too long...

I guess some people thought "potatoe" looked more correct than
"potato". I'm not sure how.

And in another matter, for some strange reason a lot SAY it as if it
was "puhtaytuh".
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com