Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Default How to stop my rugs from moving?

I have several small orientals on top of w/w carpeting. They never stay put.
The slightest foot traffic makes them meander all over the wall to wall
carpet. This happens without regard to the size of the throwrugs. Even 9x12
carpets are forever on the move.

I have tried the rubberized underlayments, without success. Short of nailing
them to the floor, what can I do to hold them in one place?
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

A spray is sold for this at your hardware store

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

m Ransley wrote:

A spray is sold for this at your hardware store

Hmm,
Is the spray OK for carpet? I have same problem.
I keep telling rugs must have legs, LOL.
Tony
Posted to alt.home.repair
Levon

Walter R. wrote:
I have several small orientals on top of w/w carpeting. They never stay put.

www.rationality.net
-

blackmail them with sex lies and videotape?

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

I bought a spray made for area rugs that slip around at Ace I think, so
im sure is safe. It is probably a glue , even brushing on something like
silicone rubber or caulk in small areas and let dry will give stick.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Walter R. wrote:
I have several small orientals on top of w/w carpeting. They never stay put.
The slightest foot traffic makes them meander all over the wall to wall
carpet. This happens without regard to the size of the throwrugs. Even 9x12
carpets are forever on the move.

I have tried the rubberized underlayments, without success. Short of nailing
them to the floor, what can I do to hold them in one place?
--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

If you notice, they always go the same direction. That is due to the
lay of the carpet tufts. I just replace my w/w and they somehow got it
down the same way so my rugs still go the same direction. I haven't
tried any of the sprays as I can't picture anything that would hold
them in place without adding something to the w/w carpet itself.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair
Martin

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...

Walter R. wrote:
[...]

We use a tacky mesh material made specifically for that purpose. It's
not an adhesive, it just has enough tack to hold the throw rugs in place.
It's effectiveness seems to vary with the backing on the top rug and how old
it is; tends to lose its tackiness. I've seen it at Home Depot and Lowes
and carpet stores.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Cue

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:20:02 GMT, "Walter R."
wrote:

| I have several small orientals on top of w/w carpeting. They never stay put.
| The slightest foot traffic makes them meander all over the wall to wall
| carpet. This happens without regard to the size of the throwrugs. Even 9x12
| carpets are forever on the move.
|
| I have tried the rubberized underlayments, without success. Short of nailing
| them to the floor, what can I do to hold them in one place?
| --
| Walter
| www.rationality.net

If you go to a "real" carpet store and describe your problem they can
provide a firm felt carpet pad that is made especially to solve this
problem. It's like the old-style felt underlay pads that used to be
used under regular carpeting you put on the floor, except it is firmer
and more solid. It provides a semi-flexible platform that holds the
rug in place, even when you walk on it. They are about 3/8 inch thick.

We have two in our house which we use for two smaller oriental rugs
laid on top of large broadloom area rugs. One oriental is about 6' x
8'; the other is 3' x 4.8'. The pads work great, with virtually no
movement. They look good when the rug is over it. Thin rugs may
wrinkle slightly after a while, but not much. Just straighten them out
from time to time.

Don't know the name, or even if the pads have a name, but they work
perfectly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have several small orientals on top of w/w carpeting. They never stay put.
The slightest foot traffic makes them meander all over the wall to wall
carpet. This happens without regard to the size of the throwrugs. Even 9x12
carpets are forever on the move.

I have tried the rubberized underlayments, without success. Short of nailing
them to the floor, what can I do to hold them in one place?

Remove the rat under the rug !!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair
John Hines

"Walter R." wrote:

How to stop my rugs from moving?

Toupee tape

LINDA WEST of CHIPMAN UNITED VAN LINES likes to commit Fraud & Forgery and she likes to put peoples names on moving contracts without there Knowledge. Caton Mayflower Moving & Storage Movers & Relocation Dublin,ca & concord,ca 925) 87 [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 11th 05 05:31 PM
Stop cock leaking Rich UK diy 7 September 29th 03 01:45 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM
Slow leak on compression joint - can't access stop cock The Natural Philosopher UK diy 4 July 10th 03 02:34 PM
Moving rugs Malc UK diy 2 July 8th 03 06:56 AM