Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Hot Water Heater, leaky pressure relief valve.

I just replaced my own 50 Gal Gas hot water heater,
Just a word to anyone else who tries it themselves.
remember to get the little riser inlet pipes (they weren't on the
original heater, but required to make the new one work). and the
flexible copper tubes to adapt to the new system. (had to make a
special trip).
Also the pressure valve leaked dripping every 5 seconds when I
pressured the system up, The web sites make it sound normal but I know
better.
Nothing I could do would fix it until I replaced it with another new
one, Just be aware that New doesn't mean it works.

crzzy1

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just replaced my own 50 Gal Gas hot water heater,
Just a word to anyone else who tries it themselves.
remember to get the little riser inlet pipes (they weren't on the
original heater, but required to make the new one work). and the
flexible copper tubes to adapt to the new system. (had to make a
special trip).
Also the pressure valve leaked dripping every 5 seconds when I
pressured the system up, The web sites make it sound normal but I know
better.
Nothing I could do would fix it until I replaced it with another new
one, Just be aware that New doesn't mean it works.

Did you put an expansion tank on it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just replaced my own 50 Gal Gas hot water heater,
Just a word to anyone else who tries it themselves.
remember to get the little riser inlet pipes (they weren't on the
original heater, but required to make the new one work). and the
flexible copper tubes to adapt to the new system. (had to make a
special trip).
Also the pressure valve leaked dripping every 5 seconds when I
pressured the system up, The web sites make it sound normal but I know
better.
Nothing I could do would fix it until I replaced it with another new
one, Just be aware that New doesn't mean it works.

crzzy1

Were the little riser inlet nipples Dielectric nipples? ( Plastic inside)
They should be

Water heater pressure relief value drip Remove dots from userid to reply Home Repair 29 May 17th 04 08:46 PM
Hot product for hot water ...products compaed [email protected] Home Repair 16 January 30th 04 05:07 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 02:15 AM
NO MORE hot water problems [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 29th 04 07:15 PM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 04:01 AM