Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert11

Default Blank Round Wall "Cover Plate" For Hiding Old Thermostat Hole: Where To Find ?

Hello:

This is one of those really dumb things, but have been trying to find
something suitable for months now, and can't seem to.
Have also done extensive searching on the web, but perhaps I am using the
wrong buzz words ?
Think it would be easier to find the Holy Grail.

Anyway, I have an opening in my plaster wall with some unused wires that at
one time had a furnace thermostat there.
I would like to cover the opening to neaten it up.

What I need is a Blank plastic (almond color) "cover plate" of approx. 3-1/2
inches in diameter, with perhaps two holes spaced along a diameter for
holding it in place (I'd use some of those small plastic inserrts to hold
the screws in the plaster).

I'd even settle for one if it had a small round hole in the center.
I had one like this in my older house that was used for feeding some phone
wires thru a wall opening neatly, but have never seen it offered again
anywhere.

I thought perhaps some telephone accessory stores, or HD, or someplace on
the web, might have something, but no luck.
Lots of blank rectangular ones, but no round ones.

If anyone can suggest a source, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

Look at the bottom of this page....

http://www.airmechanicalinc.com/hone...ermostats.html

Problem is, you may have a hard time finding anything other than white.....

"Robert11" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

If it's for a round Honeywell thermostat, they're called a 6" round
decorative wall plate cover ring. Their part number 32005439-001 is taupe,
and replaces the obsolete 129044A. Their part number 50000066 is white. Don'
t know of any in tan.

"Robert11" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

How about just buying a small piece of artwork to cover it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

That's a better idea. I totally missed the unused part.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
How about just buying a small piece of artwork to cover it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
That's a better idea. I totally missed the unused part.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
How about just buying a small piece of artwork to cover it?

Once or twice a year, I come up with a useful idea.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa

Robert11 wrote:
[...]

Have you thought of looking in the door knob section? They make round
cover plates (usually almond color) to go over that damaged section of
wall where the door knob has punched through.

--
Grandpa - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

What is that dripping from my fingers?
Why it looks like time.
Posted to alt.home.repair
John McGaw

Robert11 wrote:
[...]

I seem to be missing something here (but that isn't unusual). If you
have a hole in your wall and you don't want/need it any more, why don't
you just patch it and paint it and be done with it? Applying a blank
panel of any sort over an unwanted hole is just going to draw attention
to it. It isn't as though it is a power junction box that must remain
accessible to meet code.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]