Posted to alt.home.repair
peter

Default jetter nozzle for garden hose??

Professional plumbers clean sewer pipes with a jetter -- special pressure
washer with a nozzle that spray the water backwards (to propel the hose
forward) and forward (to puncture the dirt in front).

For home owners, is there a similar nozzle for a garden hose that would
allow me to clean storm drains? If not, is there something like a metallic
dome cover for hose end that I can drill holes in to make one myself?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Why don't you just buy one made for a pressure washer
http://www.ultimatewasher.com/power-...#jetter-nozzle
Then buy a 1/4" NPT to garden hose adapter, but I think you'll find that a
garden hose doesn't have enough pressure. In which case, you can buy a 1/4"
NPT to quick connect adapter and put it on a pressure washer. If you don't
have access to a pressure washer, then just buy a Drain King.

"peter" wrote in message
Professional plumbers clean sewer pipes with a jetter -- special pressure
washer with a nozzle that spray the water backwards (to propel the hose
forward) and forward (to puncture the dirt in front).

For home owners, is there a similar nozzle for a garden hose that would
allow me to clean storm drains? If not, is there something like a metallic
dome cover for hose end that I can drill holes in to make one myself?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 04:52:26 GMT, "peter" wrote:

Professional plumbers clean sewer pipes with a jetter -- special pressure
washer with a nozzle that spray the water backwards (to propel the hose
forward) and forward (to puncture the dirt in front).

For home owners, is there a similar nozzle for a garden hose that would

In your first paragraph you mentioned the pressure washer, but here
you just want the nozzle.

They had to clean our sewer once, when the drains were not working,
and indeed it was a pressure washer and the pump was almost as big as
a refrigerator. and mounted on the bed of a truck.

Of course it had to powerful because the stoppage was, it seems,
caused by a "fat log" which was about the size of a big log for a
fireplace.

allow me to clean storm drains? If not, is there something like a metallic
dome cover for hose end that I can drill holes in to make one myself?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"peter" wrote in message
Professional plumbers clean sewer pipes with a jetter -- special pressure
washer with a nozzle that spray the water backwards (to propel the hose
forward) and forward (to puncture the dirt in front).

For home owners, is there a similar nozzle for a garden hose that would
allow me to clean storm drains? If not, is there something like a metallic
dome cover for hose end that I can drill holes in to make one myself?

There are but they do not work the same way. Garden hose adaptors work by
ballooning up in a vent and using weight and volume to move solids. They do
nothing for roots.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...archId=1306398

I have used one of these several times. I use HOT water and a quart of
Ammonia first. After 30 minutes I stick this down the vent to the area of
the drain I am working on. You can not push a garden hose much past the
first 90. This is not for working on main drains. Augers and pro tools
work there. This might help, for a while.

A friends kitchen sink was hideously slow. We replaced the arm to the sink,
half plugged up. Then I went to work on the stack. A year later and they
still do not have any problems. Every 30 days half a quart of ammonia and
hot water down the drain. Then a bowl, tub, or sink full of hot water after
it.
Ammonia will help cut the grease and the volume and weight of the bowl, tub
or sink full of water pushes the problem to a larger pipe. Hopefully then it
is not a problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

The Drain King that your link goes to is for a model 750, which is for 3" to
6" drains. I've used that model on main drains. The success depends on the
blockage.

"SQLit" wrote in message

"peter" wrote in message
[...]

1" flexible hose with threaded ends? Bob Metalworking 53 June 21st 05 04:56 PM
1" flexible hose with threaded ends? Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 49 June 21st 05 04:56 PM
Propane grill hose repair question. Wes Schott Home Ownership 12 May 25th 05 07:26 AM
Hose connection question Ed UK diy 35 May 19th 05 05:02 PM
How to fix my garden hose? Oscar_Lives Home Repair 5 April 21st 05 10:29 PM