Bathtub plunger broke off...HELP!

Old January 5th 06, 12:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathtub plunger broke off...HELP!

The bathtub plunger that is normally connected to the drain assembly located
under the faucet has disconnected from the linkage.

Can anyone suggest how I might go about retrieving the plunger without
disassembling my pipes from the basement?

Thanks

Old January 5th 06, 12:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:
The bathtub plunger that is normally connected to the drain assembly located
under the faucet has disconnected from the linkage.

Can anyone suggest how I might go about retrieving the plunger without
disassembling my pipes from the basement?

Thanks

So this is one of those old fasioned drain stoppers attached to a lever
on the overflow plate?
Did you take that plate off? You should be able to see the end of the
linkage and grab it. If it's lower it might take a needle nose plier or
vice grip. I also find a mosquito hemostat is good for this kind of
work. If it's really deep, dental mirror, fiber optic flashlignt and
cleverly bent coat hanger. Also good for this is one of those
"grabbers" they sell at the auto parts store for retrieving head bolts
you drop into engine cylinders.
Richard

Old January 5th 06, 05:35 AM posted to alt.home.repair

remove the lever cover and go fishing with a dollar store grabber with
a t plunger handle and springy prong minifingers or maybe dollar store
magnet. automotive supply item. keep it by the clothes dryer to
retrieve the dropped socks. sometimes these are in a two-pack where you
get one of each. a sewer snake with a curly pigtail end that might
curl around it.

Old January 10th 06, 02:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 4 Jan 2006 16:25:49 -0800, "spudnuty" wrote:

So this is one of those old fasioned drain stoppers attached to a lever
on the overflow plate?
Did you take that plate off? You should be able to see the end of the
linkage and grab it. If it's lower it might take a needle nose plier or
vice grip. I also find a mosquito hemostat is good for this kind of

Don't mosquitos have reeeeally small blood vessels?

work. If it's really deep, dental mirror, fiber optic flashlignt and
cleverly bent coat hanger. Also good for this is one of those
"grabbers" they sell at the auto parts store for retrieving head bolts
you drop into engine cylinders.
Richard

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.