Posted to alt.home.repair
Diane

Default propane water heater venting

Currently putting on low-profile barrel tile roof on "weathered in"
addition, so considering options for venting the future water heater. I'm
leaning towards a wall vent vs. a roof vent to avoid another roof
penetration and potential flashing problems with the tile. Intuitively I
think I would prefer to have a non-powered unit. Had the propane co. tech
(who does their plumbing work) out, but he wasn't real familiar with through
the wall venting. Have googled a bit & looked at the non-powered unit on
the Bradford-White site. Plan to talk to my local plumbing supply and try
to find a local familiar with wall vented units, but sure would appreciate
some opinions before I get to the part of the roof where I would have to put
the vent if that option turns out to be better for some reason.

Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 02:57 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 11:51 PM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 04:01 AM
Cost to install gas hot water heater Walleye Home Ownership 8 September 10th 03 04:20 AM
High-Temp Silicone for PVC seal venting Propane water heater Jim Home Repair 3 August 26th 03 04:02 PM