Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Culligan Mark 89, brine tank doesn't refill

I have a Culligan Mark 89 and the brine tank doesn't refill.

If I use a hose to refill brine tank, water is sucked out of the brine
tank during regeneration, but then the tank does not refill. Is there
a screen or filter I should look at, something mechanical or am I goinf
to have to call for service?

Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Culligan Mark 89 and the brine tank doesn't refill.

If I use a hose to refill brine tank, water is sucked out of the brine
tank during regeneration, but then the tank does not refill. Is there
a screen or filter I should look at, something mechanical or am I goinf
to have to call for service?

Don't know about Culligan, but my GE does not fill the brine tank until a
new recharge cycle starts. Hence, there is normally no water visible in the
tank. It's my impression that many other home softening units operate in
this fashion.

You can check the softness of your tap water to see if the unit is operating
properly. Softness test kits should be available at aquarium supply stores.
The one that tests for "total hardness" is the one you would want.

SJF

Posted to alt.home.repair

According to the Mark 89 documentation the brine tank is filled a the
end of the cycle. Right at the end it sounds like it tries and stops.
I see the hose to the brine tank jump and then nothing.

Residential Softener - Crystals forming on brine tank & other questions [email protected] Home Repair 3 August 1st 05 12:10 AM
Pressure tank Mike Home Repair 9 March 26th 05 07:36 PM
Moving a Hot Water Cylinder & Cold Water Tank Andy Hide UK diy 1 November 11th 04 12:14 AM
Water Softener not pulling much Brine Lex Home Repair 3 May 17th 04 02:24 PM