Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill

Default Water Cutoff

Is there an easy way to find the water cutoff for my house?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

"Bill" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there an easy way to find the water cutoff for my house?

The one inside your house or the one the utility shuts off when you don't pay your water
bill?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Not without getting up from the computer and looking for it.

"Bill" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there an easy way to find the water cutoff for my house?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill

I don't have a cutoff in the house for the shower that's why I need to
find the outside cutoff.
In the past I have usually found one in the front yard close to a
hydrant but not here. I know I could cut the water off at the water
meter if I had a key to unlock the box but I don't.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

There is probably a shut off very near to the water meter, possible one on
both sides.

"Bill" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't have a cutoff in the house for the shower that's why I need to
find the outside cutoff.
In the past I have usually found one in the front yard close to a
hydrant but not here. I know I could cut the water off at the water
meter if I had a key to unlock the box but I don't.

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Bill wrote:
I don't have a cutoff in the house for the shower that's why I need to
find the outside cutoff.
In the past I have usually found one in the front yard close to a
hydrant but not here. I know I could cut the water off at the water
meter if I had a key to unlock the box but I don't.

You got a bolt cutter?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On 31 Dec 2005 13:36:14 -0800, "Bill" wrote:

I don't have a cutoff in the house for the shower that's why I need to
find the outside cutoff.
In the past I have usually found one in the front yard close to a
hydrant but not here. I know I could cut the water off at the water
meter if I had a key to unlock the box but I don't.

My house has where the water line comes in. It's outside (next to a
faucet) and has a L-shaped handle sticking out of the ground, which is
stuck and won't turn.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Carpenter

Bill wrote:
I don't have a cutoff in the house for the shower that's why I need to
find the outside cutoff.
In the past I have usually found one in the front yard close to a
hydrant but not here. I know I could cut the water off at the water
meter if I had a key to unlock the box but I don't.

You are asking us?

Draw a straight line from the water meter to the house. The shutoff
valve should be on that line, possibly close to the water heater? (the
HOT water heater, as some simple souls call it).

Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Bill wrote:
I don't have a cutoff in the house for the shower that's why I need to
find the outside cutoff.
In the past I have usually found one in the front yard close to a
hydrant but not here. I know I could cut the water off at the water
meter if I had a key to unlock the box but I don't.

Do you have a crawlspace or basement or is the
house built on a slab. If the former there should
be a valve where the pipe enters crawlspace or
basement. If the former there is possibly one
near where the pipe reaches the house.

The #1 rated home water filter in America Aquasana AQ-4000 nitin Home Ownership 0 December 13th 05 09:44 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 09:45 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 02:15 AM
NO MORE hot water problems [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 29th 04 07:15 PM