Posted to alt.home.repair
mstrspy

Default ChristmasTree Won't Drink Water

My tree stopped drinking water yesterday. Anyway i can convince to
tart drinking again without taking it down and re-cutting the trunk
base?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Robertm

Put an aspirin tablet in the water. It opens the pores and it'll start
drinking if the end hasn't closed up completely.

Bob

"mstrspy" wrote in message
My tree stopped drinking water yesterday. Anyway i can convince to
tart drinking again without taking it down and re-cutting the trunk
base?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Taylor

mstrspy" wrote in message
My tree stopped drinking water yesterday. Anyway i can convince to
tart drinking again without taking it down and re-cutting the trunk
base?

As the tree ages, it realizes it is truly dead, and the capillary suction
slowly stops working. The best way to keep a tree drinking the longest, at
least for the next Christmas, is to buy or cut the tree early in season,
then immediately upon getting home plunge it in a 5 gal. bucket full of
water, after cutting at least a quarter inch off the base with a sharp
pruning saw. And carve a little of the bark off, making a bevel of a quarter
inch up the side, using a sharp utility knife. Keep the base of the tree
under about 9-12 inches of water, for better pressure. For improved
freshness at Xmas, we leave the tree outside, in the bucket, in the shade,
from about Thanksgiving to at least mid december. During this period it will
drink like crazy, then ease off once you get the tree inside, and it is
further stressed by the heat and dryness. In my experience the pills dont
help very much. Once in my life, I had a fresh-cut tree develop small roots
while in the living room. A real will to live, I guess!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

mstrspy wrote:
My tree stopped drinking water yesterday. Anyway i can convince to
tart drinking again without taking it down and re-cutting the trunk
base?

You can also consider drilling a few holes in the trunk.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

"mstrspy" wrote in message
: My tree stopped drinking water yesterday. Anyway i can convince
: tart drinking again without taking it down and re-cutting the
trunk
: base?
: M
Depending on how long it's been cut & not fed, you might revive
it some by just drilling holes in the trunk below the water
level.

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

here's lots of christmas tree info at:
http://counties.cce.cornell.edu/suff...ionandcare.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 03:53:05 GMT, mstrspy wrote:

My tree stopped drinking water yesterday. Anyway i can convince to
tart drinking again without taking it down and re-cutting the trunk
base?

Dude....................................... (or dudette)

You can lead a Christmas tree to water but you can't make it drink.

You tree is probably an alcoholic. It wants beer. Give it beer, or
whisky, or some other alcoholic drink. Maybe some of that rot gut
champagne your motherinlaw gave you last Christmas. No one will drink
that crap anyhow. You also need to learn how to handle an alcoholic
christmas tree. You need to be firm, but gentle. Stroke it's needles
every day and read christmas stories to it. Also you MUST play
Christmas music for it 24/7. If it starts getting tipsy, you may need
to tie it to something or it will fall over. Don't get angry with it
because it falls, remember, if YOU drink too much, you will fall too.
However, if your Christmas tree begins showing signs of severe
alcoholism, such as turning yellow, be sure to take it an Alcoholics
Anonymous meeting quickly. There are daily meetings held in most
major cities in the USA, even on Christmas day. Your tree may be
lonely and need the company of other alcoholics, so AA meetings are
the place to take it.

I hope this helps and solves your problem.

There will be a $250 fee for this therapy session. Please send
payment ASAP.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:37:57 -0800, "Roger Taylor"
wrote:

mstrspy" wrote in message
.. .
My tree stopped drinking water yesterday. Anyway i can convince to
tart drinking again without taking it down and re-cutting the trunk
base?

As the tree ages, it realizes it is truly dead, and the capillary suction
slowly stops working. The best way to keep a tree drinking the longest, at

It's DEAD?????? OH MY GOD...... Thats HORRIBLE....
You Christmas tree murderer...... I hope you get put in prison for
murdering that christmas tree.
You are nothing but a low life scumbag Christmas tree murderer.

least for the next Christmas, is to buy or cut the tree early in season,
then immediately upon getting home plunge it in a 5 gal. bucket full of
water, after cutting at least a quarter inch off the base with a sharp
pruning saw. And carve a little of the bark off, making a bevel of a quarter
inch up the side, using a sharp utility knife. Keep the base of the tree
under about 9-12 inches of water, for better pressure. For improved
freshness at Xmas, we leave the tree outside, in the bucket, in the shade,
from about Thanksgiving to at least mid december. During this period it will
drink like crazy, then ease off once you get the tree inside, and it is
further stressed by the heat and dryness. In my experience the pills dont
help very much. Once in my life, I had a fresh-cut tree develop small roots
while in the living room. A real will to live, I guess!

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

wrote:

As the tree ages, it realizes it is truly dead, and the capillary suction
slowly stops working. The best way to keep a tree drinking the longest, at
least for the next Christmas, is to buy or cut the tree early in season,
then immediately upon getting home plunge it in a 5 gal. bucket full of
water, after cutting at least a quarter inch off the base with a sharp
pruning saw. And carve a little of the bark off, making a bevel of a quarter
inch up the side, using a sharp utility knife.

I've never seen anyone mention this before, but it makes sense, given
the xylem and phloem things.

Keep the base of the tree

under about 9-12 inches of water, for better pressure. For improved
freshness at Xmas, we leave the tree outside, in the bucket, in the shade,
from about Thanksgiving to at least mid december. During this period it will
drink like crazy, then ease off once you get the tree inside, and it is
further stressed by the heat and dryness. In my experience the pills dont
help very much. Once in my life, I had a fresh-cut tree develop small roots
while in the living room. A real will to live, I guess!

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

The #1 rated home water filter in America Aquasana AQ-4000 nitin Home Ownership 1 December 13th 05 02:54 PM
The #1 rated home water filter in America Aquasana AQ-4000 nitin Home Ownership 0 December 13th 05 09:44 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 09:45 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 02:15 AM
NO MORE hot water problems [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 29th 04 07:15 PM