Posted to alt.home.repair
ArrowJ

Default Heating & Cooling A Single Room

Greetings,

I need to heat and cool a very small room that is going to be built
from part of my single car garage. The room is for reloading ammunition
and will also serve as my arsenol so the temperatrue must remain
constant year round. The room will be no more than 250 sq ft (and that
might be pushing it).

My original plan was to install a window/wall air conditioner for
summer and to use an oil space heater or an electric wall heater for
winter. Is there a better option? Is there such a thing as a
window/wall air conditioner that also heats in the winter?

The garage is a stand alone building so running a duct from the house
is not an option.

Thanks,

Aaron

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
ArrowJ wrote:
Greetings,

I need to heat and cool a very small room that is going to be built
from part of my single car garage. The room is for reloading ammunition
and will also serve as my arsenol so the temperatrue must remain
constant year round. The room will be no more than 250 sq ft (and that
might be pushing it).

My original plan was to install a window/wall air conditioner for
summer and to use an oil space heater or an electric wall heater for
winter. Is there a better option? Is there such a thing as a
window/wall air conditioner that also heats in the winter?

Yes, they exist. They are often used in screen rooms that are added on.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

"Rich Greenberg" wrote in message
In article .com,
ArrowJ wrote:
Greetings,

I need to heat and cool a very small room that is going to be built
from part of my single car garage. The room is for reloading

ammunition
and will also serve as my arsenol so the temperatrue must remain
constant year round. The room will be no more than 250 sq ft (and

that
might be pushing it).

My original plan was to install a window/wall air conditioner for
summer and to use an oil space heater or an electric wall heater

for
winter. Is there a better option? Is there such a thing as a
window/wall air conditioner that also heats in the winter?

Yes, they exist. They are often used in screen rooms that are added

on.

And in motel rooms...

Posted to alt.home.repair
RRW

Ideal heat for this would be to build a raised floor with insulation
below it and run hot water tubing below the finish floor. You could
mount the heat boiler either in the room or out in the garage. Cooling
by std window ac should be easy. Good luck, RW

ArrowJ wrote:
Greetings,

I need to heat and cool a very small room that is going to be built
from part of my single car garage. The room is for reloading ammunition
and will also serve as my arsenol so the temperatrue must remain
constant year round. The room will be no more than 250 sq ft (and that
might be pushing it).

My original plan was to install a window/wall air conditioner for
summer and to use an oil space heater or an electric wall heater for
winter. Is there a better option? Is there such a thing as a
window/wall air conditioner that also heats in the winter?

The garage is a stand alone building so running a duct from the house
is not an option.

Thanks,

Aaron

Posted to alt.home.repair
ArrowJ

Thanks a lot, especially for the links. Sanyo or GE should do the job
great.

....No, I wouldn't keep my ammo with an open flame either. I'm talking
about the oil filled space heaters that are electric and look like
radiators.

Thanks again!

Aaron