Maytag digital oven control problem

Old December 20th 05, 11:36 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag digital oven control problem

I wanted to clean the oven on the weekend, and after pressing the lock or
clean button on the control panel, none of the oven controls work any more
other than the clock was still functioning.

I unplugged the stove from the power for about an hour, and then reconnected
again. Now, not even the clock is working. Whenever I push any button, the
only display that is visible is the word "OFF" in orange letters.

My question is this. Is there a reset proceedure for the control panel? Or
does it sound like this oven control panel needs to be replaced?

The range was purchased new at a Scratch and Dent Auction. The auctioneer
removed all serial / model numbers so nobody could claim warrenty. Therefore
I don't know the model except for the last 6 numbers: ____770ACW. The range
was manufactured in 2001, and is a 30' single-oven free standing range.

The LCD display has green numbers, and has a membrane control pad mounted on
a electronic circuit board with a flex circuit between the control pad and
the pcb board.

Thanks evereyone.

Old December 20th 05, 06:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Hi,

Is there a reset proceedure for the control panel?

Nope.

Or does it sound like this oven control panel needs to be replaced?

Very possible.

I don't know the model except for the last 6 numbers: ____770ACW.

Gas, electric?

MER6770ACW and MER5770ACW worked for me....electric ranges.

MER6770ACW -
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=400632
Electronic clock control
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=704550
Overlay, clock (wht)

MER5770ACW -
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral...=153&N=1025472
Clock, w/overlay (wht)

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Old December 21st 05, 12:42 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Is there a reset proceedure for the control panel?

Nope.

Or does it sound like this oven control panel needs to be replaced?

Very possible.

I don't know the model except for the last 6 numbers: ____770ACW.

Gas, electric?

MER6770ACW and MER5770ACW worked for me....electric ranges.

MER6770ACW -
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=400632
Electronic clock control
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=704550
Overlay, clock (wht)

MER5770ACW -
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral...=153&N=1025472
Clock, w/overlay (wht)

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thanks for the info on the model number Jeff. Very much appreciated. The
MER6770ACW dosn't look like my digital oven control, so I'm guessing the
MER5770ACW must be the one. (no picture for the MER5770ACW in your link)

The range is electric by the way. Sorry I didn't post that very important
bit of info.

Because the Xmas holidays are so darn close, and we need to cook the turkey
for all the relations that are coming over, I don't have time to dink around
with this myself, so I called a local Maytag repair service co. for help.

Boy oh boy, is this company busy. They have four service techs and I could
only get one slot only for tomorrow to get a repair tech. to look at this
oven. I'm hoping he can fix it on the spot without having to order parts
because he dosn't have the time to come back to install the parts before the
holidays.

I'm starting to think that maybe there's some kind of future in appliance
repair in my area. (Niagara Falls, Can.)

Thanks for your efforts Jeff. Have a very nice holiday.

Mike S

Old December 21st 05, 12:46 AM posted to alt.home.repair

ms wrote:
[...]

G'day,

Have a very nice holiday

Thankx! You as well

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Old December 22nd 05, 01:26 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"ms" wrote in message
[...]

The Maytag service tech. showed up today and fixed the digital oven control.
On the lock button for the door there is a numeral "3" below the icon of the
lock. All he did was hold down the lock button for three seconds and
"presto" the oven control and clock is working like a charm. Go figure. At
least the service call was cheaper then me guessing on my own and buying a
new oven control.

The service tech. has no idea how I managed to screw up the oven control
like that. At least we get to eat turkey Xmas day. Whew.

Mike S.