Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water dripping from soffit vent

We just move in to a two year old house. We live in a cold climate,
but during a recent warm spell i noticed water deipping along a line
running down the middle of the soffit vents over top of our covered
porch. What could be causing this, do I need to be worried, and if so
what can I do about it?

thanks,

ash

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Yes it can be serious, have you looked in the attic, is it black and
moldy looking, likely warm air is condensing and freezes, when it warm
to near 32 it melts and runs out. It could be a few things but must be
addresed before you rot your roof deck and beams, Was it inspected by an
inspector, if so he should have caught the warning signs.