Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

Default Furnace shut down

I have a Rheem Criterion Gas furnce with an intermitant problem. My
house was built in 1997 and the furnace is the same age. The problem
I have been experiencing is when the furnace starts it's cycle the
ignitor will glow, the flame kicks in and when the blower comes on the
flame will go out. This repeats 4 times. I'll leave it alone and it
seems to correct itself. I havecleaned the flame sensor and have
checked the ground and every thing seems fine. Could it be the gas
valve?
Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

maybe.
maybe search google.com for specifications on gas valve of your model
to see what is needed.
maybe replace the sensor.

or dealer info at
http://www.rheemac.com/index.asp

good answers to similar questions at:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...=list&pageNo=1

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bubba

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:05:52 GMT, Rick wrote:

I have a Rheem Criterion Gas furnce with an intermitant problem. My
house was built in 1997 and the furnace is the same age. The problem
I have been experiencing is when the furnace starts it's cycle the
ignitor will glow, the flame kicks in and when the blower comes on the
flame will go out. This repeats 4 times. I'll leave it alone and it
seems to correct itself. I havecleaned the flame sensor and have
checked the ground and every thing seems fine. Could it be the gas
valve?

It could be many things. Why not call your local licensed professional
HVAC dealer and have him look at it before it quits on a weekend, you
freeze your ass off and you pay through the nose for an overtime
service call?
Bubba
Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Bubba wrote:
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:05:52 GMT, Rick wrote:

I have a Rheem Criterion Gas furnce with an intermitant problem. My
house was built in 1997 and the furnace is the same age. The problem
I have been experiencing is when the furnace starts it's cycle the
ignitor will glow, the flame kicks in and when the blower comes on the
flame will go out. This repeats 4 times. I'll leave it alone and it
seems to correct itself. I havecleaned the flame sensor and have
checked the ground and every thing seems fine. Could it be the gas
valve?

It could be many things. Why not call your local licensed professional
HVAC dealer and have him look at it before it quits on a weekend, you
freeze your ass off and you pay through the nose for an overtime
service call?
Bubba

Hi,
Can't fetch trouble code when it acts up?
Tony
Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian

Replace flame sensor. ( Part is like $12 )

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

I worked on such a problem this year. After a new flame sensor, the next
step was to replace the circuit board. That did the job, now the furnace
works.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Brian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Replace flame sensor. ( Part is like $12 )

Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I worked on such a problem this year. After a new flame sensor, the next
step was to replace the circuit board. That did the job, now the furnace
works.

--

Thats the one that you left them with no heat for a week right? Even after
you asked and were told what the problem most likely was, you still refused

Any legitimite company would have had it repaird that night....even if it
ment calling and getting a supplier to open.
not a week later.

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
.

"Brian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Replace flame sensor. ( Part is like $12 )

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

I'm glad you're not any business in my town! You'd go broke!com
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

"Brian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Replace flame sensor. ( Part is like $12 )