Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Dryers 80 series

someone told me that if the dryer is shutting off with no
pattern---runs for 30 min...shuts off...runs for 5 minutes ...shuts
off.........then try to connect the 2 blue wires together in the
back...??? anyone got any thoughts on that before I burn something
up???our local pros here (Brubakers in Lancaster PA) charged $65.00 and
left....he had never seen this model before!

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

look at:
http://fixitnow.com/faq.htm#dryer

and at
http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_8.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

wrote:
someone told me that if the dryer is shutting off with no
pattern---runs for 30 min...shuts off...runs for 5 minutes ...shuts
off.........then try to connect the 2 blue wires together in the
back...??? anyone got any thoughts on that before I burn something
up???our local pros here (Brubakers in Lancaster PA) charged $65.00 and
left....he had never seen this model before!

Hi,

Kenmore Dryers 80 series

Not a model#, just a name.

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

someone told me that if the dryer is shutting off with no
pattern---runs for 30 min...shuts off...runs for 5 minutes ...shuts
off.........then try to connect the 2 blue wires together in the
back...???

-Sounds- like a good way to go BOOM!

our local pros here (Brubakers in Lancaster PA) charged $65.00 and
left....he had never seen this model before!

Can/could they not find out something for you?

runs for 30 min...shuts off...runs for 5 minutes ...shuts
off

Depending on the model/style of the dryer, some possible trouble
makers:
- loose power wire
- bad motor
- bad relay ( if used )