Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaKan

Default register question

one or more of my registers are unable to be screwed in. why you ask? b/c
there is no drywall or metal to go through. what can i do about this?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

SeaKan wrote:
one or more of my registers are unable to be screwed in. why you ask? b/c
there is no drywall or metal to go through. what can i do about this?

Crimp the duct with pliers enough so they are a snuger fit and/or
slather some silicone caulk on them before you push them in.

Howzatt?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bubba

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:16:28 -0500, "SeaKan"
wrote:

one or more of my registers are unable to be screwed in. why you ask? b/c
there is no drywall or metal to go through. what can i do about this?

Construction Adhesive caulk.
Make sure you put it in your ears. Hopefully if will piece your broken
brain back together.
Bubba
Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

SeaKan wrote:
one or more of my registers are unable to be screwed in. why you ask? b/c
there is no drywall or metal to go through. what can i do about this?

Bend up some metal angle clips from scrap metal (old ductwork would be
good) and Tek screw them to the sides of the duct. Sheetmetal screws
hold the register to the clips.

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM