Dave

Default vibrating boiler

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave" wrote in message

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months
old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Could be excess fuel at startup making one hell of a fire. Get it checked
out.

Amun

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months
old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Could be excess fuel at startup making one hell of a fire. Get it checked
out.

Is the boiler oil fired or gas ?

If oil,
Could also be not getting enough oil when starting due to a plugged oil
filter.

Have you changed it since the burner was installed ?

If a new one still gives the same problems, call a serviceman in.

(they should be changed every year anyway)

If it's gas fired, shut it off quick and call the serviceman

No one on usenet can offer you a guaranteed fix without seeing this.

AMUN

HeatMan

"Dave" wrote in message

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months

old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Yep, I can probably tell you....

Dave

Hi HeatMan
Do you want me to email you direct do I just take out the NOSPAM in your
email address?
Thanks Dave

--

"HeatMan" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months

old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Yep, I can probably tell you....

Junior Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Hi, we have had an ideal boiler fitted today and it sounds like we have the same problem. The whole system vibrates and it sounds like an aeroplane taking off! This has happened a few times and then the boiler cut out. We have had the men who fixed it out and they don't know what it is doing it. Sorry that I am not helping you but would you be able to help me by telling me what the problem is if you get it sorted? I am really worried about mine. Thanks very much.
Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Your installer is an idiot if he cant figure it out on a new install I
hope you did not pay till its resolved

Posted to alt.home.repair
TH

Refer to the HVAC guys above! The guy must know what he is doing, he's a
pro.

Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Mixing header and pumps John Aston UK diy 79 December 8th 04 09:50 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM