Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith

Default Turn fixed french door into an operable one

I have a Pella architectural series fixed french door. I want to hinge
it and make it operable. I can handle the hinges and lockset
installation. I am wondering if this is all it takes. That is are the
weatherstripping, edge bevels, and threshold the same on a fixed door
as on an operable one.

BTW I asked Pella this questions and all they could manage was "this
would void the warranty".

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Keith wrote:
I have a Pella architectural series fixed french door. I want to hinge
it and make it operable. I can handle the hinges and lockset
installation. I am wondering if this is all it takes. That is are
the weatherstripping, edge bevels, and threshold the same on a fixed
door as on an operable one.

For starters you are going to need a dead bolt (I suggest top and
bottom) on one door.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On 1 Dec 2005 16:01:10 -0800, "Keith" wrote:

I have a Pella architectural series fixed french door. I want to hinge
it and make it operable. I can handle the hinges and lockset
installation. I am wondering if this is all it takes. That is are the
weatherstripping, edge bevels, and threshold the same on a fixed door
as on an operable one.

BTW I asked Pella this questions and all they could manage was "this
would void the warranty".

I would tell them you accept that and won't hold thedm to the warranty
and ask them again your questions.

I don't know if you'll do any better, but it would make a better story
when you tellit again. And I'd like to think that after they clear
themselves legally, that they have enough sense to answer a question
about their own product.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.