Posted to alt.home.repair
blueman

Default This Old House now more like Martha Stewart...

Latest one spent about half the show on a tour of a local high end
Cambridge, MA specialty food store.

Nothing about homebuilidng of course -- rather just the dufus host
sampling the "vine dried raisens", "gourmet Cuban coffee", pastries,
cheese, etc. Thank god for Tivo but this is getting ridiculous...

I think my Mom knows more about construction than that joker does...

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"blueman" wrote in message
Latest one spent about half the show on a tour of a local high end
Cambridge, MA specialty food store.

Nothing about homebuilidng of course -- rather just the dufus host
sampling the "vine dried raisens", "gourmet Cuban coffee", pastries,
cheese, etc. Thank god for Tivo but this is getting ridiculous...

I think my Mom knows more about construction than that joker does...

Yeah, I don't cry too much when I miss TOH any more. Other than the design
and demo phases, not real interested in some yuppies pretentious
million-dollar 'fixer upper'.
The companion show, ATOH, is much more like the show used to be- real world
problems, real world solutions. Getting hard to find the previous companion
show, Mr. Abrams NYW, around here. I'm almost curious enough to get on the
websites to see if they are even making new episodes of that one.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg

blueman wrote:

Latest one spent about half the show on a tour of a local high end
Cambridge, MA specialty food store.

Nothing about homebuilidng of course -- rather just the dufus host
sampling the "vine dried raisens", "gourmet Cuban coffee", pastries,
cheese, etc. Thank god for Tivo but this is getting ridiculous...

I think my Mom knows more about construction than that joker does...

think the show is mophing into the Victory Garden!
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

Their other show, TOH Classics, are hardly that at all. They are
showing projects from like 2-3 years ago, when they should be showing
stuff from 20 years ago.
The other show, Inside TOH, actually looks back on some of the older
projects when they talk about a certain topic on the show.

Posted to alt.home.repair
LDR

In article ,
says...

"blueman" wrote in message
Latest one spent about half the show on a tour of a local high end
Cambridge, MA specialty food store.

Nothing about homebuilidng of course -- rather just the dufus host
sampling the "vine dried raisens", "gourmet Cuban coffee", pastries,
cheese, etc. Thank god for Tivo but this is getting ridiculous...

I think my Mom knows more about construction than that joker does...

Yeah, I don't cry too much when I miss TOH any more. Other than the design
and demo phases, not real interested in some yuppies pretentious
million-dollar 'fixer upper'.
The companion show, ATOH, is much more like the show used to be- real world
problems, real world solutions. Getting hard to find the previous companion
show, Mr. Abrams NYW, around here. I'm almost curious enough to get on the
websites to see if they are even making new episodes of that one.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in resenting how This Old House has
changed. I think Answer This Old House was designed to make up the
difference. Anyway, TOH was special, and I miss it, along with Steve
(Where is he now?)

I liked Hometime and its emphasis on doityourself in middle income
homes. But that point of view has wandered all over the place, to shows
on habitat, in offices, etc. The show is boring. I also especially miss
Johnson's blonde coworker. Where is she now?

The world would be really better off if I was in charge.

Posted to alt.home.repair
wkearney99

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in resenting how This Old House has
changed. I think Answer This Old House was designed to make up the
difference. Anyway, TOH was special, and I miss it

Heh, not the ones with Bob Vila. It was pathetic how he'd stand there
running his mouth and then have Norm do all the work. Every so often you'd
see Norm roll his eyes at Bob's antics. When I asked two of the ToH guys
about this at show here in DC they busted out laughing. Apparently Steve
got similar 'respect'. That and, yeesh, Vila's a hairy little short guy!
Saw him at a Boston airport and it was like somthing outta Lord of the
Rings.

I liked Hometime and its emphasis on doityourself in middle income
homes. But that point of view has wandered all over the place, to shows
on habitat, in offices, etc. The show is boring. I also especially miss
Johnson's blonde coworker. Where is she now?

One gets the impression the host "trades in" the women for new models every
few years. Sorta pathetic now that it's happened so many times.

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"wkearney99" wrote in message
t...
I'm glad to see I'm not alone in resenting how This Old House has
changed. I think Answer This Old House was designed to make up the
difference. Anyway, TOH was special, and I miss it

Heh, not the ones with Bob Vila. It was pathetic how he'd stand there
running his mouth and then have Norm do all the work. Every so often

you'd
see Norm roll his eyes at Bob's antics. When I asked two of the ToH guys
about this at show here in DC they busted out laughing. Apparently Steve
got similar 'respect'. That and, yeesh, Vila's a hairy little short guy!
Saw him at a Boston airport and it was like somthing outta Lord of the
Rings.

Agreed, Vila is a twit. Is he still doing anything but commercials? I
haven't seen his almost-an-infomercial 'Home Again' in several years. Steve
was okay, but not great, and actually was a accomplished boat geek. He is
hosting some history thing on one of the cable channels now. The new guy is
annoying, but doesn't try to pretend he is anything but an amatuer. I liked
the 'behind the scenes' show they did where they showed how he was hired.
Methinks he supposed to be a stand-in for the viewers, to keep them feeling
involved.

I liked Hometime and its emphasis on doityourself in middle income
homes. But that point of view has wandered all over the place, to shows
on habitat, in offices, etc. The show is boring. I also especially miss
Johnson's blonde coworker. Where is she now?

One gets the impression the host "trades in" the women for new models

every
few years. Sorta pathetic now that it's happened so many times.

I can't remember the names offhand, but one of the previous ones (Joanne
Liebler?) had her own show for awhile after that. I also miss the the one
that just left- she was seriously cute, especially before the old lady
hairdo. I did notice that toward the end, they were almost never on camera t
ogether- makes one wonder if there was a feud. In the early years, the hosts
pretended to be married, and that got a little tiring at times. But,
Johnson is the show, so he gets what he wants.

Watch one of these shows, and you almost feel like you actually did
something. (Sorta like watching football makes you think you got some
exercise? :^) )

aem sends...

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 04:31 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM
another 'house not selling' lament RPC Home Ownership 13 July 29th 03 11:51 PM