Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help Refinishing/Resurfacing Concrete

Help me out here. I am currently walking on concrete in my house. I
had two dogs that destroyed my carpet so I ripped it out of every place
in the house thinking I could just polish the concrete and viola I have
a new trendy floor. That was a big mistake. I have glue and paint all
over the concrete and it is almost always dirty. I am at my wits end
for trying to refinish the concrete I have tried renting a floor buffer
with a coarse scrubber pad to no avail. So now I am thinking about
either 1 using my power washer and wet dry vac to power wash the
concrete or 2 to use my sander and working my way from 60 grit to 320
grit sand paper and water to wet sand the concrete? Am I on crack or
is that something to try?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

First your going to have to clean the gunk of it. I had this problem
before and used paint stripper, wire brushes and a lot of elbow grease.
If the stripper starts to dry on you, add some water to it so you have
kind of a slurry.

Kurt

Concrete Bonding Agent & people who do not read directions... a Home Repair 2 October 5th 05 03:50 PM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM