Posted to alt.home.repair
Jo Jo the dog faced boy

Default plumbing problems

I have 2 problems. First, the kitchen faucet runs for a few seconds
then completely stops flow. it is a single handle type. I turn it off
and on again and it starts back up with a chug, chug, chug. Then it
runs fine for the rest of the time.

Second, my tub water pressure is very high, but the shower is very low.
Both are new fixtures installed by a plumber a month or so ago.
Thanks for suggestions!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"Jo Jo the dog faced boy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have 2 problems. First, the kitchen faucet runs for a few seconds
then completely stops flow. it is a single handle type. I turn it off
and on again and it starts back up with a chug, chug, chug. Then it
runs fine for the rest of the time.

Second, my tub water pressure is very high, but the shower is very low.
Both are new fixtures installed by a plumber a month or so ago.
Thanks for suggestions!

How old was the old shower head ? all the new ones are low flow takes about
5 years to get use to them. The tube fixture is probably fine. Have the
fixtures operated the same way from when they were installed? I'm not sure
about the Kitchen Fixture Has this started after plumbing work was done?
You might try removing the strainer/ aerator and seeing how much junk is
trapped in it. When off run the water might blow lines out. Could be
something in the line.

Posted to alt.home.repair
launcher

Jo Jo the dog faced boy wrote:
I have 2 problems. First, the kitchen faucet runs for a few seconds
then completely stops flow. it is a single handle type. I turn it off
and on again and it starts back up with a chug, chug, chug. Then it
runs fine for the rest of the time.

Second, my tub water pressure is very high, but the shower is very low.
Both are new fixtures installed by a plumber a month or so ago.
Thanks for suggestions!

You don't say if the faucet has a spray, but I'll bet it does and the
diverter valve inside the faucet is malfunctioning. Call the manufacturer.