Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse

Default Is it safe to assume RG6 cable strippers and cable connectors are going to be compatible?

I am planning to get a RG6 cable stripper and compression tool. Looking at
Ebay there are some good deals but I am wondering if it is possible for the
stripper and compression tool to be incompatible?

For example: If I get this compression tool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1

and this stripper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coax-Cable-Strip...cmd ZViewItem

as long as they are used for RG6, they should be compatible - right? or no?

Thanks in advance,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair
Duane Bozarth

RBM wrote:

They don't need to be compatible with each other, just the coax

"miamicuse" wrote in message
news
I am planning to get a RG6 cable stripper and compression tool. Looking at
Ebay there are some good deals but I am wondering if it is possible for
the
stripper and compression tool to be incompatible?

For example: If I get this compression tool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1

and this stripper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coax-Cable-Strip...cmd ZViewItem

as long as they are used for RG6, they should be compatible - right? or
no?

Thanks in advance,

MC

You need to make sure you have the proper connector for the _particular_
cable and the crimping tool for the connector. "RG6" isn't a sufficient
description of the cable to spec connectors with.
Posted to alt.home.repair
gilchrist-electric

I have learned that there isn't a universal compression tool out there.
Your connector needs to fit your compression tool.

We are eBay powersellers and we sell 2 different coax kits. The first
one is a 3 in 1 compression tool + coax stripper + 25 - RG-6
Compression F Connectors.

The second kit is a 3 blade coax cable stripper, hex type F connector
crimper and 50 - F connectors

We have sold ton of these kits on eBay and everyone just loves them. Be
sure to check our feedback to see how satisfied our customers have
been. Both of these kits are in stock and available for immediate
shipment upon receipt of payment.

Please feel free to email us with questions about any of our products
or services.