Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaKan

Default dishwasher

i decided to clean my dishwasher with Jet Dry Dishwasher cleaner. made the
unit leak. it is old (prob 7 years). it has been cleaning fine. should i
get it repaired or get a new one?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan

SeaKan wrote:
i decided to clean my dishwasher with Jet Dry Dishwasher cleaner.
made the unit leak. it is old (prob 7 years). it has been cleaning
fine. should i get it repaired or get a new one?

Is it a European upscale model in excellent condition? Fix it.

If it is a low-end model, replace it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

If you paid less than $300 7 years ago, you got your money's worth. If you
have an expensive premium dishwasher, its probably a damaged rubber seal or
gasket (didn't say where the leak was) and worth fixing. Depends on your
budget, fixing yourself will be far less than replacing. Calling a
repairman may cost most of a cheap replacement

"SeaKan" wrote in message
i decided to clean my dishwasher with Jet Dry Dishwasher cleaner. made the
unit leak. it is old (prob 7 years). it has been cleaning fine. should i
get it repaired or get a new one?

Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaKan

ink.net...

"SeaKan" wrote in message
i decided to clean my dishwasher with Jet Dry Dishwasher cleaner. made
the unit leak. it is old (prob 7 years). it has been cleaning fine.
should i get it repaired or get a new one?

is fixing either of those (hose or gasket) easy to do, or is it a tough
job?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Just stay away from the 3 rack Maytag models. Read reviews at
www.epinions.com. I tossed mine after 4 repairs in 2 years. It is junk. A
repair guy told me the newer ones are worse.

"SeaKan" wrote in message
i decided to clean my dishwasher with Jet Dry Dishwasher cleaner. made the
unit leak. it is old (prob 7 years). it has been cleaning fine. should i
get it repaired or get a new one?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Muvin Gruvin

its a good thing most of you are not around when I cut loose cussing out
the blankety blank blooming ^*&^*%$$^
idiot who dreams up plans for new models of appliances. Then we
consumers have to suffer from their mistakes.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

The Maytag isn't a bad design (except for the fact that the middle rack in
the lowered position bangs into the bottom rack when it is loaded with
dishes). It suffers from poor quality components... garbage control boards
and motor.