Default Hot Water Heater In Winter?

My oil burner has a coil to heat water. I turn off my hot water heater
in winter. Do I need to drain the hot water heater or do anything else
before I turn it back on in spring?

Thanks in advance for the help.

C & M

wrote in message
ups.com...
My oil burner has a coil to heat water. I turn off my hot water heater
in winter. Do I need to drain the hot water heater or do anything else
before I turn it back on in spring?

Thanks in advance for the help.

You don't have to but why not use this opportunity to flush your hot water
tank and
get the sediment out of it?

Thanks for the info. It's only a couple of months old so maybe I'll
just skip it this year.

Steve Kraus

Just out of curiousity how does this setup piped? Are they in parallel and
you open and close shutoffs depending on which you're using or are they in
series and all hot water (or water to be heated) goes through both?
Boots

first of all it is NOT a HOT WATER HEATER, it is a water
heater. You do not heat HOT WATER
wrote in message
oups.com..
..
Thanks for the info. It's only a couple of months old so
maybe I'll
just skip it this year.

Chuck

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:05:59 -0600, "Boots" wrote:

first of all it is NOT a HOT WATER HEATER, it is a water
heater. You do not heat HOT WATER

Are you Oscar_Lives or are you just learning from him..?

wrote in message
roups.com..
.