Robert11

Default Ariens Snowblower Quest.: One Or Two Wheels pinned To Drive Axle ?

Hi,

Just curious:

For those using an Ariens snowblower where you have the option of pinning
both wheels to the drive axle (most traction, but hard to maneuver), or only
one wheel pinned, and the other totally free to rotate on the axle -

Which mode do most of you use ?

Thanks,
B.

Greg O

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

Just curious:

For those using an Ariens snowblower where you have the option of pinning
both wheels to the drive axle (most traction, but hard to maneuver), or
only one wheel pinned, and the other totally free to rotate on the axle -

Which mode do most of you use ?

Thanks,
B.

Lock both wheels. You will be using it on snow, not bare, dry

concrete.
Greg

Chris Craig

In article ,
Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

Just curious:

For those using an Ariens snowblower where you have the option of pinning
both wheels to the drive axle (most traction, but hard to maneuver), or only
one wheel pinned, and the other totally free to rotate on the axle -

Which mode do most of you use ?

I'll go against the flow here and say that I pin only one wheel. My
824 is used on a flat, 75 ft paved driveway, and I can count on one
hand the number of times in five years that I have wished that I had
both wheels pinned. And the increase in maneuverability is quite
substantial.

I start from inside a garage and work out to the street and then back,
so it is rare that the wheels come in contact with a substantial
amount of snow. I just haven't had any problems. Maybe I'm just
lucky...

Chris