What color to paint slanted wall?

Old November 9th 05, 06:20 PM
[email protected]

Default What color to paint slanted wall?

Hi,

I'm painting my room, and I have a slanted wall. What color do I use?
Wall color? Ceiling color?

Here's a cross sectional image of my room, including intended colors.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.webrex.net/room.jpg

Thanks.

Old November 9th 05, 07:27 PM
Charles Spitzer

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm painting my room, and I have a slanted wall. What color do I use?
Wall color? Ceiling color?

Here's a cross sectional image of my room, including intended colors.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.webrex.net/room.jpg

Thanks.

a nice fuchsia or mauve.

Old November 9th 05, 08:22 PM
No

Can be either wall or ceiling, depending on what you like. Could even
be different if you like it.

If it were me, I would let the slope and knee wall height determine. If
the knee wall were taller than about 5 or 6 feet then i would do
ceiling. I would also say that if the slope were more perpendicular
than horizontal I would paint it wall colored.

So, if it was a toss up on slope I would let the height determine which
I would use. If its a low knee wall I would use wall paint, if a tall
knee wall I would use ceiling.

Clear as mud huh?

Old November 9th 05, 10:02 PM
[email protected]

Thanks for all your comments. I'm still thinking though.

Here is a cople of 3D models of the room to be painted. I'm painting
on Saturday morning, so there's still time to think about it.

http://www.webrex.net/room.html

Any more suggestions?

Old November 9th 05, 10:26 PM
C & M

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm painting my room, and I have a slanted wall. What color do I use?
Wall color? Ceiling color?

Here's a cross sectional image of my room, including intended colors.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.webrex.net/room.jpg

Thanks.

To make it less cave-like I would use a creme on the slant to lighten the
narrow portion of the
room as well as open it up.

Old November 9th 05, 10:45 PM
Goedjn

Elemental Blue, followed by a rag-rolling of three successively
darker shades of green.

Old November 9th 05, 11:50 PM
Bill

wrote:
Hi,

I'm painting my room, and I have a slanted wall. What color do I use?
Wall color? Ceiling color?

Here's a cross sectional image of my room, including intended colors.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.webrex.net/room.jpg

Thanks.

My issue with slanted or angled walls that have solid colors is they
can come off very contemporary or modern. To me, it can seem almost
cold. I always do a slight color wash of walls in modern room layouts.
You still get the basic color scheme you want but you also get walls
that while are different shades, they tie in together.

Ex: Try a tone darker of your wall color then rag off or drybrush a
light glaze over it. I would do the same on the angled wall but wash it
with a glaze near the ceiling color. Try to blend more ceiling color as
near the ceiling. You'll be left with a wall that seems to blend right
into the ceiling yet is not really different than the walls.

Google "color wash" for more info.

--
Bill

Old November 10th 05, 12:02 AM
Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm painting my room, and I have a slanted wall. What color do I use?
Wall color? Ceiling color?

Here's a cross sectional image of my room, including intended colors.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.webrex.net/room.jpg

Thanks.

Based on the colors you showed I would paint the slope the ceiling color.
That dark green is going to close in on you.

Buy a 39 cent piece of poster board, paint it the wall color, tape it up
there, drink a beer and stare at it for a while.

Colbyt

Old November 10th 05, 01:06 AM
[email protected]

I liked the whole idea of drinking a beer while staring at it...

Doug's idea was also quite good: paint it with the lighter ceiling
color, and if it looks bad, repaint it with the wall color.