Manta

Default Noisy Oil Burner

Hi!

I have a Peerless boiler and a Beckett burner. The burner is very
noisy. You can hear a deep rumble throughout my house. The unit is
7 years old and regularly maintained.

My oil company is suggesting I replace the Beckett burner with a
Riello burner, saying the noise will be reduced by 50%.

Can I expect that kind of noise reduction? Does anyone have any
experience with this? Advice? If the noise is reduced that much,
it'll be worth the cost.

Thanks!

Greg O

"Manta" wrote in message
Hi!

I have a Peerless boiler and a Beckett burner. The burner is very
noisy. You can hear a deep rumble throughout my house. The unit is
7 years old and regularly maintained.

My oil company is suggesting I replace the Beckett burner with a
Riello burner, saying the noise will be reduced by 50%.

Can I expect that kind of noise reduction? Does anyone have any
experience with this? Advice? If the noise is reduced that much,
it'll be worth the cost.

Thanks!

Call a different company to service it! My guess it is not set up properly.
Greg

Pop

Two things:

1. That sounds more like the coupler noise at the motor; likely
worn out, replaceable, or that my expereience anyway.

2. What is "50%" less noise? Sounds fishy. That's not how you
spec "noise".

I'd see if I could get another analysis from a different place.

HTH,
Pop

"Manta" wrote in message
: Hi!