Noisy Oil Burner

Old November 6th 05, 04:03 AM
Manta

Default Noisy Oil Burner

Hi!

I have a Peerless boiler and a Beckett burner. The burner is very
noisy. You can hear a deep rumble throughout my house. The unit is
7 years old and regularly maintained.

My oil company is suggesting I replace the Beckett burner with a
Riello burner, saying the noise will be reduced by 50%.

Can I expect that kind of noise reduction? Does anyone have any
experience with this? Advice? If the noise is reduced that much,
it'll be worth the cost.

Thanks!

Old November 6th 05, 04:40 AM
Greg O

"Manta" wrote in message
Hi!

I have a Peerless boiler and a Beckett burner. The burner is very
noisy. You can hear a deep rumble throughout my house. The unit is
7 years old and regularly maintained.

My oil company is suggesting I replace the Beckett burner with a
Riello burner, saying the noise will be reduced by 50%.

Can I expect that kind of noise reduction? Does anyone have any
experience with this? Advice? If the noise is reduced that much,
it'll be worth the cost.

Thanks!

Call a different company to service it! My guess it is not set up properly.
Greg

Old November 6th 05, 01:46 PM
Pop

Two things:

1. That sounds more like the coupler noise at the motor; likely
worn out, replaceable, or that my expereience anyway.

2. What is "50%" less noise? Sounds fishy. That's not how you
spec "noise".

I'd see if I could get another analysis from a different place.

HTH,
Pop

"Manta" wrote in message
: Hi!