scale

Default Pitch of 1.5in ABS for Kitchen Drain

IM using 1.5 inch ABS to replace my old rotted galvanized drain.

I have a straight section that runs in my basement to the tune of about
16 feet

How do you properly pitch this stuff? How many inches per how many
feet?

Right now i have about 2 inches of pitch for then entire run and at the
end....near the main drain pipe for the house......there is a 45 degree
or two that hooks it to the main drain pipe (this section is about 3 -4
feet in length with this desin

))))))))))))))))/
/))))))))))))/

/ (MAIN DRAIN
Galvanized at
45 degree here
and then runs
into the Cast
iron)

Can i get away with this or do i need to have more of a pitch than 2
inches for that long run?

Any feed back is well appreciated. Im wanting to get this thing
together today

I dont know if the drawing makes sense or not but basically i have two
45 degree sections that lead to the main cast iron drain for the house.

Abe

IM using 1.5 inch ABS to replace my old rotted galvanized drain.

I have a straight section that runs in my basement to the tune of about
16 feet

How do you properly pitch this stuff? How many inches per how many
feet?

In the trade, 1/4" per foot is considered optimal, you can get away
with a little less.
Sacramento Dave

"scale" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

You should have 1/4" per foot of grade as mentioned. That would be 4" for
16'. Once you get to 4" pipe you can go 1/8" per foot . ( this is the code
in my area ) Bu if you have two given points that's what you have for slope.
If you get more grade by changing the 45 degree that what you should do.
Also keep in mind if you have to much grade the water will pass the solids.
What is the drain for? If it's just a bathroom Lave or shower I would just
try the 2" grade and see what happens, no deferent than before right.

scale

Thanks for the reply. This is for my kitchen sink. It is on the
oppisite side of the house as my main chute. I have about 2 inches
right now and it seems to work fine but it is hard to say how it will
act in the future. I could raise one end with hanger another inch or 2
to increase the pitch i guess. I just dont want it to clog up again.
Keep in mind that the old galvanized pipe was throughly clogged and
mostly corroded and starting to rot. This wont be an issue with the
abs. IM just hoping it will carry any solids that get down the drain. I
dont have a disposal on the sink .....just a p trap.