scale

Default Payne Furnace LED Code indicator?

I have a newer Payne Central air unit in my house.

Long story short. It is working fine but tonight i decided to look at
it. THe little window shows a red LED. I assume the LED is for testing
as that is what is indicated on the door of the furnace. My question
is....the door sticker makes no mention of the LED if the LED is on all
the time.

Mine is on....it doesnt flash or anything...just on solid.

is this normal?

RP

scale wrote:

I have a newer Payne Central air unit in my house.

Long story short. It is working fine but tonight i decided to look at
it. THe little window shows a red LED. I assume the LED is for testing
as that is what is indicated on the door of the furnace. My question
is....the door sticker makes no mention of the LED if the LED is on all
the time.

Mine is on....it doesnt flash or anything...just on solid.

is this normal?

Yes, it's indicating *power on*. The board will flash out a code if it
senses a fault.

hvacrmedic

scale

great! Thanks for the reply. I noticed it was red...so i thought
something might be wrong. I just wanted to check and make sure i was
good to go and didnt have an alarm of some kind on the unit.

Thanks for replying! You saved me some piece of mind

mm

On 2 Nov 2005 17:47:50 -0800, "scale" wrote:

I have a newer Payne Central air unit in my house.

Long story short. It is working fine but tonight i decided to look at
it. THe little window shows a red LED. I assume the LED is for testing
as that is what is indicated on the door of the furnace. My question
is....the door sticker makes no mention of the LED if the LED is on all
the time.

Mine is on....it doesnt flash or anything...just on solid.

Get out of the house quick. You have about 5 minutes until it blows.

Wait a second. Is this Payne Central or Kaboom Central?
Never mind.

is this normal?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Bubba

On 2 Nov 2005 17:47:50 -0800, "scale" wrote:

I have a newer Payne Central air unit in my house.

Long story short. It is working fine but tonight i decided to look at
it. THe little window shows a red LED. I assume the LED is for testing
as that is what is indicated on the door of the furnace. My question
is....the door sticker makes no mention of the LED if the LED is on all
the time.

Mine is on....it doesnt flash or anything...just on solid.

is this normal?

Solid red LED on means: "Replace Defective Circuit Board"
You might also want to install a new name brand Digital Programmable
thermostat. Most problems are always caused by a faulty thermostat.
Bubba

Posted to alt.home.repair

The light for codes is. Not on at all and furnace will not run

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tor-47214-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 17:32:01 +0000, Ed
wrote:

The light for codes is. Not on at all and furnace will not run

Is the switch turned on? The breaker? check for 110v ac to the
furnace junction box. If OK check transformer
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 15:45:34 -0400, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

The light for codes is. Not on at all and furnace will not run

Is the switch turned on? The breaker? check for 110v ac to the
furnace junction box. If OK check transformer

If ok check the fuse on the 24v side
Thermostat batteries ok & any switches on it set properly?

--
Tekkie