maxinemovies

Default Shower stall help?

Because our manufactured home was delivered last week, we're now
scrambling to get everything done so we can move in soon. (Maybe two
months, we hope.) You folks have been so gracious and helpful so far,
I hope you don't mind me popping in here with more questions.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/geekspaceport/

I just put a small blog entry with two pics of the shower they put in.
Ideally, I'd like a roll-in shower, but money is getting tight, so I'm
looking for a way to make this shower usable without spending
thousands on it. If you have a minute, would you look at the pics and
let me know if you can think of a way to make this 60" shower a full
60" without those molded seats? I can use the shower if I can just get
rid of those two seats. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.
No

There is NO WAY to modify that shower. Sorry.

Your options are
1) Live with it
2) rip it out and put in a barrior free shower, google turned up this
http://www.florestone.com/section.php?s=special as the first hit from
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ee+Shower% 22
3) Have a custom shower built. This may involve a base similar to those
shown in the first link in option 2 but with tile walls or a completely
custom shower enclosure.

Obviously option 1 is the cheapest, probably number 2 is second
cheapest.

Norminn

maxinemovies wrote:
[...]

I don't know fiberglass, so can't address altering the wall unless to
remove it all and put in tile ) Rather than remove the seats to
accomodate the shower chair, can the shower chair be altered to fit on
top of the seat? Don't really know enough about your method of
transferring/seating in shower to figure what to do. Transfer to and
from the chair alone? MUST remove both of the molded seats? I can be
dangerously creative, and am retired nurse, so moving people is old had.
I just would like to know more about your plan. Good luck! Looks
like you have a marvelous spot for your new home )
maxinemovies

On 31 Oct 2005 14:00:33 -0800, "No" wrote:

There is NO WAY to modify that shower. Sorry.

Your options are
1) Live with it
2) rip it out and put in a barrior free shower, google turned up this
http://www.florestone.com/section.php?s=special as the first hit from
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ee+Shower% 22
3) Have a custom shower built. This may involve a base similar to those
shown in the first link in option 2 but with tile walls or a completely
custom shower enclosure.

Obviously option 1 is the cheapest, probably number 2 is second
cheapest.

Thanks. I've already looked at those and more like them. It's not just
the cost of the shower, but also the cost of having someone rip out
the old one and install the new one. I was hoping not to have to go
through all that again. (Been there, done that, had nightmares over
it.)

If I must, I must, but I had my fingers crossed that there might be
another way.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.
maxinemovies

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:09:37 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

maxinemovies wrote:
[...]

Thanks. We love it out there.

The shower needs to accomodate two of us. I'm concerned about the
safety of possibly removing a leg from the shower chair so that it can
perch on that seat in there. Plus, there needs to be enough room in
front for my husband to be in there, too. Because he lifts me into the
shower, we can't reach the seats that are there now, and a patient
lift can't deal with the front ledge on the bottom. So we either have
to get those molded seats out so we can use my shower chair (which is
the kind that stretches in and out of the tub so I can sit on it
outside the tub and slide over into the tub or shower) or rip out the
whole thing and start over.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.