PipeDown

Default Church Service interruption / Funny

Now if those Amish would have just posted a question about how to secure a
center post on this NG, that never would have happened.

wrote in message
I was talking to a guy who lives near the Amish. A few years ago some
Amish families got together in a barn for their Sunday church
services. Their services tend to last 4 or 5 hours. The service was
in the upper part of the barn, and most of them tied their horses in
the lower part of the barn. During the services, things got noisy
downstairs and several times they had to go down to stop a couple
horses from fighting. Things would quiet down for awhile and then
start up again. Suddenly the whole upper floor dropped part way down
and all the church people fell to the center of the building. It was
total chaos.

I turns out one of the horses was tied to the center beam of the barn,
and pulled the beam down.

He said no person or horses were badly hurt, but that was the last
time they tied their horses down there.

Mark

Norminn

PipeDown wrote:

Now if those Amish would have just posted a question about how to secure a
center post on this NG, that never would have happened.

Does Microsoft make a kerosene powered computer yet?
PipeDown

You have the basis for some great barter. Trade lookup services on your PC
for horse shoeing and other services they can provide. If it gets to be a
hastle, I'm sure the librarian would do it for them, you can direct him
there.

It would take great willpower for anyone (Amish included) to use a PC for
informational purposes and never peek at anything entertaining, not one
game, not one video clip and definately no porno. While PC is not a TV, it
certainly can be used as one.

I can see the Ads now "Buy the new Apple Amish-Book Pro. Featuring solar
charger, wide area Wi-Fi and a proxy server to keep surfing clean"

wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:37:20 GMT, "PipeDown"
wrote:

Now if those Amish would have just posted a question about how to secure a
center post on this NG, that never would have happened.

I agree, it's time they get online !!!!

Actually, my farrier (horse shoer for those of you who dont know
horses), is Amish. One day he came over to do some hooves and I was
on the internet typing an email that needed to be sent. I invited him
in and said it would be a minute. He thought the internet was really
interesting, so I showed him some of the horse related webites in my
bookmarks. He was completely amazed, and said he'd love to have a
computer. I laughed and told him to get a laptop, expalining it runs
on batteries so he dont need electric.

Later on, while trimming a horse, he said, "can you really get
internet that runs on batteries"? I said yes, but you will need a
phone line to connect, then paused and said well, they do have
sattelite internet, no wires needed. He said "I'd get one if them
except we are not allowed to have tv's". I laughed, and said "It's
not a tv"....

The last time he was here, he wasked me if it's possible to look up
some parts he needed for his horse drawn buggy. Ten minutes later I
found what he needed and wrote down the address of the company.
He did order from that company and was pleased.

Then when he came over another time, he said one of his horses was
sick, and he could not figure out what was going on. I went on the
internet and got some info and printed it for him.

He later told me that was exactly what he needed to know, and the
horse is now fine.

I think he's hooked on the internet now !!!!

Mark

wrote in message
. ..
[...]

PipeDown

"Norminn" wrote in message
ink.net...
PipeDown wrote:

Now if those Amish would have just posted a question about how to secure
a center post on this NG, that never would have happened.

Does Microsoft make a kerosene powered computer yet?

They don't even make one that runs on electricity yet.

Brad Bruce

"PipeDown" wrote in
nk.net:

"Norminn" wrote in message
ink.net...
PipeDown wrote:

Now if those Amish would have just posted a question about how to
secure a center post on this NG, that never would have happened.

Does Microsoft make a kerosene powered computer yet?

They don't even make one that runs on electricity yet.

Buh Doom Chaaa!

Brad

Harry K

PipeDown wrote:
Now if those Amish would have just posted a question about how to secure a
center post on this NG, that never would have happened.

Oh yes it would have. By the time the discussion was 15 posts down, he
would have conflicting advice from 3, 2 wouldn't have had a clue, 6
would be arguing the tensile strength of the beam, and 4 would be
discussing the right knot to use to tie a hook on a fish line.

Harry K

Norminn

Harry K wrote:

PipeDown wrote:

Now if those Amish would have just posted a question about how to secure a
center post on this NG, that never would have happened.

Oh yes it would have. By the time the discussion was 15 posts down, he
would have conflicting advice from 3, 2 wouldn't have had a clue, 6
would be arguing the tensile strength of the beam, and 4 would be
discussing the right knot to use to tie a hook on a fish line.

Harry K

What about sealer, paint, primer, footings, soil type, fasteners,
thickness of rope, size of horses, feed storage, manure removal,
lighting, stairway installation, parking for buggies, building code,
insurance, sanitary facilities?
Large Marge

http://www.mystique.net/amish-2.html