Jim M

Default Nordco Window Grid? (mullion)

I busted a grid for a lower pane on one of my windows. I call them grids;
some people call them mullions.

The window manufacturer is Nordco. They may not be in business any longer.

How can I replace that window grid? It's made from wood. Unfortunately, my
wife disposed of the broken one so I can't reconstruct it.

Colbyt

"Jim M" wrote in message
I busted a grid for a lower pane on one of my windows. I call them grids;
some people call them mullions.

The window manufacturer is Nordco. They may not be in business any longer.

How can I replace that window grid? It's made from wood. Unfortunately, my
wife disposed of the broken one so I can't reconstruct it.

Most builders find a window that works and use it more than once in the same
house.

If you can find one that fits most any millwork shop can make you a
replacement using the one you take in as a pattern. If not they can still
make it. It will just cost more.

Colbyt

wkearney99

Most builders find a window that works and use it more than once in the
same
house.

They also tend to use them in several houses built around the same time.
Check with one of your neighbors to see if they've got one that's intact.
Or check to see if one of them is remodeling and get their old one when they
dispose of it.

Older houses tend to have different millwork than what you can get today.
So if you want to make sure you've got something that'll match up, keep an
eye out for when a neighbor remodels.

If you need to have one remade then borrowing one from a neighbor is one way
to get an accurate template for the millwork shop.