My gas Furnace would not light automatic pilot light

Old October 22nd 05, 05:43 PM
CuriousJay

Default My gas Furnace would not light automatic pilot light

This fall my 10yr old gas furnace would not light automatic pilot
light. I hear zapping sound but no light. Maybe it needs cleaning? How
do I clean them? My furnace is made by burnham. Any help is
appreciated. Thanks

Old October 23rd 05, 12:00 AM
HeatMan

"CuriousJay" wrote in message
oups.com...
This fall my 10yr old gas furnace would not light automatic pilot
light. I hear zapping sound but no light. Maybe it needs cleaning? How
do I clean them? My furnace is made by burnham. Any help is
appreciated. Thanks

Furnace=forced air

Boiler=hot water or steam

Is the gas on?

Best suggestion is to get a pro out there to fix the problem. It's real
hard to diagnose something over the internet.

Old October 23rd 05, 04:10 AM
CuriousJay

It is a boiler and the gas is on.

Light Bulb Phil UK diy 18 March 27th 05 05:50 PM
Pilot Light Question In Gas Forced Hot Air Residence Heating Furnace Robert11 Home Repair 1 March 18th 05 12:49 AM
Change a light bulb Usenet Style Stormin Mormon Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 11:03 AM
Pilot light won't light? ? ? Ray Jenkins Home Repair 6 April 4th 04 08:29 PM
lighting gas pilot light Michael Home Ownership 5 October 31st 03 06:52 PM