TomB

Default Air in my forced hot water baseboard heating system

The system is noisy and the base boards dont have bleeders.
Its a 2 zone system with water valves and spickets on each zone.
What is the best way to bleed?

HeatMan

"TomB" wrote in message
oups.com...
The system is noisy and the base boards dont have bleeders.
Its a 2 zone system with water valves and spickets on each zone.
What is the best way to bleed?

Can you take a couple of pictures, post them to a web photo site and then
post the link?

There are a lot of systems out there and several ways to bleed them. We
need to see the setup.

Or you can call a hydronics tech.

Edwin Pawlowski

"TomB" wrote in message
oups.com...
The system is noisy and the base boards dont have bleeders.
Its a 2 zone system with water valves and spickets on each zone.
What is the best way to bleed?

Sounds similar to my setup. I open the spigot a bit and as the water
circulates the air will release. It can easily take 10 minutes or so to get
all the air pushed through.

Stretch

Put air pockets and air vents on the return end (leaving water end) of
the baseboard. this way the flow of water carries the air with it.
Also make the return end slightly high, so the air naturally goes to
that end. Bleed the baseboard once in a while till you stop getting
air.

Getting the air out with spigots is a tough way to do it, will seldom
get all of the air out and wastes a lot of heated water. Once you
install the vents, you can use them every season.

Stretch

Our two zone system gurgled and bleeding each spigot only slightly
helped. Maybe if you bleed everyday until all air is eliminated might
work.

All these systems have a cussion tank. I would think that the tank
should be about 3/4 air (just a guess). The tank should take out some
of the air.

I had to replace a pump. There were cut off valves so I would not have
had to drain the system to replace the pump. But I drained the whole
system. I even opened the cussion tank upper valve to drain it. One
zone does not have bleeders and I cut off the other zone and flushed it
until NO air surging showed exiting the attached drain hose.
Knock-Wood, no noise for the last three years. LESSON: It really pays
to check the oil in the pumps!

wkearney99

The system is noisy and the base boards dont have bleeders.
Its a 2 zone system with water valves and spickets on each zone.
What is the best way to bleed?

If the spigots are very near the top of the radiating assemblies then how
about putting a garden hose on them to raise the drain level further?
That'd let you add to the system until it flowed out of the now-higher drain
point. If you just open the spigot and it's at the same level as the
radiating tubes then you probably won't get all the air out of the system.
Find the highest point in the zones and drain from that spigot. Otherwise
have a bleeder installed.

On my 1st floor closed zone, only way to drain or bleed is in the
basement. Pipes knocked, air swoosed in pipes until I drained the zone
and blead until clear bubbless stream came out. Quiet as a feather
dropping for 2yrs now. "KNOCK WOOD".

Stormin Mormon

Might need a new air eliminator.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

wrote in message
ups.com...
On my 1st floor closed zone, only way to drain or bleed is in the
basement. Pipes knocked, air swoosed in pipes until I drained the zone
and blead until clear bubbless stream came out. Quiet as a feather
dropping for 2yrs now. "KNOCK WOOD".

Several things wrong with new flat - no central heating, low hot water pressure even with water pump, noisey pump kiich UK diy 69 July 13th 05 08:36 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 09:45 PM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 03:01 AM
Pool water in central heating system Andy Hall UK diy 1 September 2nd 03 06:01 PM
hot water recirculator, instant hot water but not a water heating unit, saves water, gas, time, money HeatMan Home Repair 0 August 24th 03 01:26 PM