auto garage door problem

Old October 15th 05, 10:27 PM
KTECH

Default auto garage door problem

Have a sears garage door opener.Problem even after following instructions on
unit I can not program both transmitters to open door. Both units work and I
can program each one but when I program the second unit no go.
Frank

Old October 16th 05, 06:15 AM
Jeff Wisnia

KTECH wrote:

Have a sears garage door opener.Problem even after following instructions on
unit I can not program both transmitters to open door. Both units work and I
can program each one but when I program the second unit no go.
Frank

If they both work, what's the problem?

Could you explain it a little better please?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Old October 16th 05, 11:47 AM
Shirley Thebaglady

I have Sears remote for opening our garage door.
We had to buy a second one a few years ago.
Ours works well but before ordering we had to give them the # of the old
one.

Did you check your batteries in your remote opener?

shirley

Old October 16th 05, 02:09 PM
MasterBlaster

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

Have a sears garage door opener.Problem even after following instructions on
unit I can not program both transmitters to open door. Both units work and I
can program each one but when I program the second unit no go.
Frank

If they both work, what's the problem?
Could you explain it a little better please?

Sounds like it's got a "learn" mode where you set something, hit the button
on remote #1, then remote #2, and it's supposed to remember them both.

Apparently it will remember one or the other, but not both at once.

Of course, knowing the model number of the opener would help, since there's
hundreds of "how to program" pages out on that there InterWebby thing, but
we don't know which one applies.

Old October 16th 05, 03:47 PM
Scott

When you got the opener from Sears you got a manual with it. In that manual
there is a 800 number for trouble shooting. Call that number during weekday
business hours and they will walk you through it. If you can not find the
number look on the website for Chamberlain (that's who made the opener for
Sears) and they will walk you through it. They did for me and solved my
problem.

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

Old October 16th 05, 07:23 PM
[email protected]

Push the smart button momentarily (do not hold it), push one of the
transmitter buttons within 30 seconds. Push the smart button again
momentarily & push the other transmitter button within 30 seconds.

Holding the smart button (as some directions say to do) for more than
10 seconds (smart button LED goes out) erases the memory. If you have
to erase the memory to get the second transmitter to work, the
transmitters are not compatible. One is rolling code & one isn't. It's
possible for a transmitter to lose its rolling code capability & if it
does it's non-repairable & needs to be replaced.

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com