Default Can I buy / order doors like this?

I just built a small shed following a set of plans.

I am a pretty good DIYer but I did not realize the double composite
doors for this project were to b build from scratch - I thought they
were a simple order item. I am coming up on fall, am incredibly busy
and not sure I hav the skill (or patience) to complete this task of
building dooors, locksets, jambs, etc all from scratch.

Here is a picture of the final doors I am doing for on the shed design
plan:

http://207.234.221.182/staging/doors.jpg

HomeDepot said they didnt hav anythign like that and tat I should buy
to basic stock doors and build jams and rest from scratch.

Just want to check with you guys to make sure that is my fate on this
one ....

Thanks
Todd in Cincinnati

Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just built a small shed following a set of plans.

I am a pretty good DIYer but I did not realize the double composite
doors for this project were to b build from scratch - I thought they
were a simple order item. I am coming up on fall, am incredibly busy
and not sure I hav the skill (or patience) to complete this task of
building dooors, locksets, jambs, etc all from scratch.

Here is a picture of the final doors I am doing for on the shed design
plan:

http://207.234.221.182/staging/doors.jpg

HomeDepot said they didnt hav anythign like that and tat I should buy
to basic stock doors and build jams and rest from scratch.

Just want to check with you guys to make sure that is my fate on this
one ....

Thanks
Todd in Cincinnati

Building your own using 2 metal slab doors is the cheapest.

No you don't find things like this at a BORG.

We have several places here in Lexington so I am utterly convinced that
somewhere in the Cincy area there is a millwork shop that can build you a
pre-hung set to look just like the picture. Yellow pages, millwork, doors.

Colbyt

SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just built a small shed following a set of plans.

I am a pretty good DIYer but I did not realize the double composite
doors for this project were to b build from scratch - I thought they
were a simple order item. I am coming up on fall, am incredibly busy
and not sure I hav the skill (or patience) to complete this task of
building dooors, locksets, jambs, etc all from scratch.

Here is a picture of the final doors I am doing for on the shed design
plan:

http://207.234.221.182/staging/doors.jpg

HomeDepot said they didnt hav anythign like that and tat I should buy
to basic stock doors and build jams and rest from scratch.

Just want to check with you guys to make sure that is my fate on this
one ....

Thanks
Todd in Cincinnati

It is entirely possible that I missed something on the picture.
Looks to me like a set of pre hung doors would due the job. I seriously
doubt that you want to pay for entrance doors from the box stores.
guestimate $5-600.

Might be time to start calling the local door shops. You could get them to
build and install the doors for ya. Then all you have to do is install the
lock sets.

RicodJour

wrote:
I just built a small shed following a set of plans.

I am a pretty good DIYer but I did not realize the double composite
doors for this project were to b build from scratch - I thought they
were a simple order item. I am coming up on fall, am incredibly busy
and not sure I hav the skill (or patience) to complete this task of
building dooors, locksets, jambs, etc all from scratch.

Here is a picture of the final doors I am doing for on the shed design
plan:

http://207.234.221.182/staging/doors.jpg

HomeDepot said they didnt hav anythign like that and tat I should buy
to basic stock doors and build jams and rest from scratch.

Just want to check with you guys to make sure that is my fate on this
one ....

It's not that big of a deal to make the jamb, but ordering a pair of
prehung doors from your local lumberyard or commercial door supplier
would probably be quickest and help with your time crunch. Yellow
Pages is the way to go.

You might also look into buying a knock-down frame (KD). That combines
the jambs and casings into a rolled steel channel arrangement with the
frame already mortised and reinforced for the hinges. Then you'd just
have to buy a couple of door blanks and mortise them for the hinges and
hardware.

Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
A set of prehungs would be a great start. But wouldnt I have to rejamb
both doors into one unified dorrway. Thats the part I dont get
exactly...
SQLit wrote:

You would buy them as a double hinged set inside of one frame. True French
door style.

Colbyt

Warped built-in fridge & freezer doors [email protected] UK diy 1 September 11th 05 11:47 PM
HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA... Michael David Lay Metalworking 41 April 1st 04 06:47 AM
New Front Door(s) Bruce Home Repair 4 December 10th 03 01:37 AM
Dissatisfied with Lee Valley order Hoyt Weathers Woodworking 110 September 18th 03 10:30 PM