bigredmoose

Default BBQ Propane/Natural Gas?

I have a natural gas hookup for the BBQ, but the BBQ I just bought is
meant to be used with a propane tank.

Can I use it with the natural gas? Is there any special adapters or
hoses I need? Can I hook it up myself or do I need a pro to do it?

TIA.

Joseph Meehan

bigredmoose wrote:
I have a natural gas hookup for the BBQ, but the BBQ I just bought is
meant to be used with a propane tank.

Can I use it with the natural gas? Is there any special adapters or
hoses I need? Can I hook it up myself or do I need a pro to do it?

TIA.

It depends. Many can be switched over for natural gas use. Check the
instructions and the manufacturer.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Edwin Pawlowski

"bigredmoose" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a natural gas hookup for the BBQ, but the BBQ I just bought is
meant to be used with a propane tank.

Can I use it with the natural gas? Is there any special adapters or
hoses I need? Can I hook it up myself or do I need a pro to do it?

Most every brand has the kit to change the orifices. Contact your dealer or
call the 800 number in the book.

Rudy

I have a natural gas hookup for the BBQ, but the BBQ I just bought is
meant to be used with a propane tank.
Can I use it with the natural gas? Is there any special adapters or
hoses I need? Can I hook it up myself or do I need a pro to do it?

You dont need new jets or 'adapters' that may or not be in stock or have to
be ordered.
The NG orifice is going to be a little larger than the Propane.
A local barbecue shop ( a real one, not Walmart or just some place that
sells BBQs as a sideline) can drill out the existing jets to the proper size
for you. The size of the drill/hole is critical so dont try this yourself.
Look in the Yellow pages under Gas/ propane/bbqs and and call and ask if
they do this.

Note..this is for going TO NGas. Once drilled, you won't be able to use
propane again

Stormin Mormon

Natural gas is a much lower pressure, so it might not work properly.

If you try the hookup yourself, please check the fittings for leaks when
you're finished wrenching.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.