Whats the best gas 2 cycle weedeater

Old October 3rd 05, 07:31 PM
[email protected]

Default Whats the best gas 2 cycle weedeater

Whats the best 2 cycle gas weedater? I want a light weight. Also a quick
start on startups. And a straightcut.

--
deb741
deb741's Profile: http://homeimprovement.mylounge.us/m...p?userid=18814

Old October 3rd 05, 08:12 PM
John H. Holliday

wrote in message ...

Whats the best 2 cycle gas weedater? I want a light weight. Also a quick
start on startups. And a straightcut.

Desirable features to be sure-- but what will make/break your happiness with
the machine is how reliably if feeds the string... and I've yet to find one
that does that well!

Doc

Old October 3rd 05, 08:23 PM
RobR

"John H. Holliday" nospam@okcorral wrote in message
wrote in message ...

Whats the best 2 cycle gas weedater? I want a light weight. Also a quick
start on startups. And a straightcut.

Desirable features to be sure-- but what will make/break your happiness
with the machine is how reliably if feeds the string... and I've yet to
find one that does that well!

Doc

That was actually something I'd been meaning to look into. I inherited
a 2 cycle weed whacker, the string breaks constantly though and I
have to keep stopping and manually feeding out more strings. ARRGHH!!!

Old October 6th 05, 04:14 AM
Rob Mills

"RobR" wrote in message

That was actually something I'd been meaning to look into. I inherited
a 2 cycle weed whacker, the string breaks constantly though and I
have to keep stopping and manually feeding out more strings. ARRGHH!!!

Have you looked at those heads (Home Depot) that you just insert cut lengths
of line in? I haven't tried one "yet" but the idea sure sounds better than
fighting a spool. RM~

Old October 6th 05, 03:50 PM
Goedjn

That was actually something I'd been meaning to look into. I inherited
a 2 cycle weed whacker, the string breaks constantly though and I
have to keep stopping and manually feeding out more strings. ARRGHH!!!

Have you looked at those heads (Home Depot) that you just insert cut lengths
of line in? I haven't tried one "yet" but the idea sure sounds better than
fighting a spool. RM~

Forget about the string-feed trimmers. Get one of those
gasoline-powered amputators with a skilsaw blade on the
end.
Old October 6th 05, 05:23 PM
zxcvbob

Goedjn wrote:

That was actually something I'd been meaning to look into. I inherited
a 2 cycle weed whacker, the string breaks constantly though and I
have to keep stopping and manually feeding out more strings. ARRGHH!!!

Have you looked at those heads (Home Depot) that you just insert cut lengths
of line in? I haven't tried one "yet" but the idea sure sounds better than
fighting a spool. RM~

Forget about the string-feed trimmers. Get one of those
gasoline-powered amputators with a skilsaw blade on the
end.

I actually put a small lawnmower blade on my Echo trimmer. It looks
wicked. It works great for cutting wet overgrown grass that would clog
a lawnmower.

-Bob
Old October 6th 05, 06:40 PM
No

Really? Is there even such a thing? (I'm too lazy to google it right
now). I am just envisioning my lawnmower engine on the end of a trimmer
shaft. Way too heavy. Plus, don't 4 cyl engines need to stay relatively
horizontal? How would that work with a string trimmer?